• gt hatch

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i hav been hearing this for awhile and i was wonder how. unless they are talking about the notchback over hatch. what else would make a gt heavier if they were both hatchbacks? plastic dont weigh that much or does it?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Oh, yes it does and with all the brackets, reinforcments, and other stuff like fog light supports and luxury appointments and convenience items you're talking several hundred pounds. And since the LX has the same drivetrain as a GT it is usually the faster car as long as they are set up the same.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i guess i nevedr thought of all the brackets and fog lights and interior stuffs.

thanks for the info

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah, all of that stuff adds up. I read some place that without the nicer seats, AC, etc a no frills LX can weight as much as 200lb lighter than a fully loaded GT.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
my lx hatch was loaded..power windows,doors, cruise, ac...it had everything except the fancy seats from the gt.and my friend drove it while it was still in stock trim and said it still felt lighter and more nimble than his gt.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much heavier would the gt be if they were both equally optioned??

·
Registered
60 Posts
they cant be equaly optioned because only the GT could have the GT body kit and the sport seats.

The GT weighs about 200 pounds more and 200 pounds is a drivers race stock for stock no matter what you guys wanna say

·
Registered
341 Posts
If I remember an LX factory equipped with the 5.0 has the same interior as the GT. I know my '93 LX 5.0 has the GT sport seats, air lumbar, adjustable side bolsters, etc. So, there is no "interior" weight saving. The GT is encumbered with fog lights and all that ugly plastic so it weighs more.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
For 1993, the weights are... (and I just chose 1993 at random)

LX coupe: 2751
LX hatch: 2812
LX convertible: 2973
GT hatch: 3144
GT convertible: 3365

It's the front air dam, fogs, flared rocker panel moldings, rear bumper, side skirts, and the bracketry for these parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts