Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install my stripes with my friend its a vinyl stripe how long approx would it take it soungds pretty easy you just have to be careful.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had mine done, the body shop next to my work has a guy to do the stripes. If you spent much on the stripes, get them done. If they were relatively inexpensive, go ahead and try. It was well worth the 125 bucks to get mine done.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'd say 9 hours is a safe estimate for how much time i spent. 5 hours for the trunk, and back bumper, 2 hours for the front bumper, and 2 hours for the roof and hood.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd say 9 hours is a safe estimate for how much time i spent. 5 hours for the trunk, and back bumper, 2 hours for the front bumper, and 2 hours for the roof and hood.
Thanks for the time break down. I have my stripes and will be installing this weekend. I think I may just do the hood, roof and trunk to see how that looks. With matte black stripes on my black stang, I'm not 100% sure I want to stripe the bumpers.

Also, do you have to wait before putting some wax on the stripes? The place I got them from said to apply wax in the direction of the stripe, not side to side, but doesn't say anything about how long they need to cure before waxing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i had mine done by a professional. he came to my house so was a bit more pricey, but was worth it. he said not to wax the stripes for 3 to 5 days to be safe and let them fully cure. also keep the car out of water for the first 3-5 days. it took him like 1.5 hours to do the car so i would assume that if i did it it would take about 7-8 hours. also don't forget to remove the wax before you apply them, otherwise they will peal right off

o btw

when i wax my stripes i just wax it along with the rest of my car (pretend like they are not there) and i have had no problems. i also use the detailer on them in between waxes. just don't polish them, use paint cleaner on them (kinda obvious lol) or don't clay bar them. and watch out for douches who like to key vinal stripes (still looking for the *******)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info Corban. I'm hoping that my single stripe will cut down on the time requirements ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.