Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tune my car with bama tuning...i have the sct programmer from my v6 and I want to reset it for 150 bucks (free tunes for life also)

but my car still only has 1300 miles on it...how long should I wait before pulling the trigger on a beautiful race tune :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
About 1300 miles ago would have been good...:yelwacko:
1+ i dont see how your car would mess up by putting the tuner on it :headscratch:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
twas a joke haha

i just wanted to make sure there wasnt a break in period or some bs like that

and an excuse not to spend money right now as the tuner is laying on the floor in my closet and i see it every morning :/ begging me to use it

·
Registered
478 Posts
i think his underlying question is does the engine need to broken in more or to a certain milage before adding a tune?
:dunce:makes more sense now i think shes ready for the tune:bounce2:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
as soon as you have the cash for it :)

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
My car has 600 miles on it and the tune and CAI are on order. The only thing holding it up is SCT registration of my computer code.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Our 2011's have been dyno'd, tracked, tuned since less than 200 on the odometer. Our 2012 Boss was at New Jersey Motorsports Park with similar mileage, and Bama tuned a day or two later.

These cars will make more power as they break-in, gas mileage will get better, etc. As for the actual rings being seated, that happens almost instantaneously now days. Someone beat the crap out of your car on a test drive before you picked it off the lot (yeah I know some of you ordered the car, it was an example - lol). Ford would be in trouble if a car that only has 50 miles on the odometer needed a motor.

You're good to go whenever you're ready!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.