Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my GT two weeks ago off my uncle and I must say it is the most fun thing I've ever driven. Probably just cause it's a convertible, but the additional power doesn't hurt. So just outta curiosity how many of you, like myself, started with a V6 or 4 cylinder fox mustang and brought the GT home?

I don't think I'd appreciate just how much fun the GT is if not for the fact that:
A) It's a garage queen and I can't drive it anytime I want (Been raining for about a week and a half straight now)
B) I didn't start with the V6 or
C) I hadn't gotten the chance to admire it from afar for years before buying it
D) My DD V6 is an auto, and this is a stick

I've driven my fair share of vehicles, but nothing I've ever driven turns heads the same way the torch red stang does when the top is down.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
My 1st car was a '74 Mustang II, 2.3L, 4 speed.

Throughout the years, I've owned:

88 GT
85 GT
65 Fastback 289 4 speed (should have kept that one)
79 LX 2.3
84 LX with a 351C swap
99 GT Auto (but with 4.30 gears and 4200 stall)

and the 01 Bullitt

·
Registered
242 Posts
I started out with 85 4cyl auto. coupe moved up to a 94 v6 5spd coupe then to a 95 gt auto. coupe and just now I got a 99 gt 5spd coupe. The strange thing is I still own all of them been changing over the 85 to 302 and v6 I have tried to sell but can't seem to get rid of (no one wants to give me anything for it).

·
Registered
769 Posts
i started with a 98 v6 coupe..fun car.....and now a 97 GT vert..damn the diffrence feels badass

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
i started with a 98 v6 coupe..fun car.....and now a 97 GT vert..damn the diffrence feels badass
Wait until you step up to PI power. The difference in HP between the V6 and npi V8 is about the same as the npi to pi swap:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Being the "old guy" here, in 1965 I traded my 4-door Chevy ( uh, excuse me. Chevrolet :heha:) Belair to a local used car dealer in town ( Tennessee ) to lease a 1965 mustang 2+2 for the summer( couldn't have cars as a college freshman ). Even though it was automatic, I loved it. Didn't get another Mustang until March of this year. It's even better :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i got my first stang right after college after a lady ran a stop sign and totaled my 4runner... i was hesitant about mpg so i got a 04 v6 coupe... couple months later i put black stripes on it and pulled up to a light next to a ws6, i gunned it and he lept by me like i was sitting still... a month later i bought a 2000 gt and started adding stuff to it... i got carried away and spent a lot of money, so when it was totaled i tried to break my habit by getting an suv, i hated it... 2 months later i got a 90 gt and worked on it for 2 years till i got it up to 350rwhp (nitrous) and running well, just sold it for a grand more than i put into it and got my 03 gt... now it's time to start the process all over again, i love these cars...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.