Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've worked an insane amount of overtime lately so I can finally buy the Mustang a few presents, and I'm really wanting to go with a tune/combo kit. I do feel a little iffy though about the long term reliability of the car after its been tuned, although I have no real foundation to make me worry. I've just never had a car that I've flashed or chipped before.

Is there anyone that's put a good amount of mileage on their tuned cars that can chime in and tell me about any troubles its caused (or lack of)?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I have had 3 different flash tuners on my car in the past 90,000 miles and the current one is a SCT Xcal with a 93 octane "Race" tune that I currently have with a twin screw blower and 9# of boost.

I now have 112,000 miles on the original engine and no issues. The trick is to make sure that your tune is for the exact mods you have and to keep your engine tuned up. If the tune is right and you run good fuel, you should be fine. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have run a lot of miles on mine,over10,00. May not seem like much but only 28,000 on the car. I went coast to coast and from Idaho to Ca. a few times,no problems. This with a hi-po tune and xcharger.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ive got 20,000 running the 91 race tune. its not the flash tuner that will trash your motor, its the driver :happyhapp

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have 10,000 on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.