Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious what everyone has done against these cars. I have only run up against a 96-98 GT and one 99 and up GT... I beat them both... I wanna know how everyone else is doing... Keep it real. No flaming please.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Haven't had a chance at one yet. But, I hear you guys are pretty quick. I will try hard when I do get a chance. Which SRT-4 are you in (what car)?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I did..

Sorry, no numbers, just on the street. He was quick through 1st, hung throught the first half of second, but then I pulled hard, and continued through 3rd.

They are quick little boogers, though...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've run a couple... they're quick, but not a problem for 05/06. Can't speak for 99-04, I'd think the mustang would win but it'd be closer. SRT should take a stocker that's older than that.

I timed your avatar... seems he runs about a 2.30... quick little guy

·
Registered
179 Posts
raced one on the street his front bumper was at my rear tires when i reached 100 where i shut it down but yea they are fast little boogers for real

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I got beat by one the last time I was at the track. It was far from stock... the thing was running 1.8 60's and was in the mid/low 8s. I think he had drag radials on the front, and it had the loud woosh going on, not sure what all he had but it was fast.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Raced one, 3 rolls. (I took 2 out of 3.) Gotta give'em credit, he took the first one because I took him lightly. He kept up ok until we hit higher speeds where it appears that the motor ran out of breath.

·
Registered
119 Posts
my friend raced one in his 05 gt he beat him but we were surprised it was from a stop, if it was from a roll my friend would of lost cause he was underestimating the srt-4 lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
They definitely pack a good punch. They can easily hang with some stock 99-04 GTs, I would get cocky if I was in a "CAI and catback GT." The SRT-4s can raise boost and pick up a few ponies with breathing mods all for fairly cheap. Of course the LS1 puts them in their place :winks

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
0-1 when i was stock geared. totally blew me away and he was factory stock.

0-2 with the 3.73s, but at least they had to catch me off the line. last one i raced was from a fourth gear roll and he was barely creeping on me and passed me when i let off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
haven't had the pleasure of racing one yet...as long as I don't get caught by surprise I shouldn't have to play catch up. Those cars are tight, I give them respect for being able to take out alot of cars above their class (4 banger vs 8 banger). Would of bought one if the dealer had what I wanted...but the next day I bought my Mach...small world ain't it. Raced a wrx though, and I know they're only slightly faster than them, and I beat him pretty good from a dig so I should do well against an SRT-4.
my streak of not getting killed by a 4 banger was broken yesterday when an STI flew by me like I was standing still...We both punched it and I rode 6th gear up until about 6k rpm and then had to upshift to 5th...well I shifted and we started going down hill and it was like my car was stuck at 130 the whole time we were going downhill so he just flew by me after that...I love turbo 4-bangers...gave him a nod, thumbs up, and a wave as I got off my exit...pretty cool guy...just felt a lil bummed my streak was ended...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
YORCHI said:
We both punched it and I rode 6th gear up until about 6k rpm and then had to upshift to 5th...
Your Mach has a 6 speed?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
lxarlo said:
0-1 when i was stock geared. totally blew me away and he was factory stock.

0-2 with the 3.73s, but at least they had to catch me off the line. last one i raced was from a fourth gear roll and he was barely creeping on me and passed me when i let off.
Don't like the sound of that one bit! Please say you were in the Ranger.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for not flaming at all guys. It's nice to hear some stories. Keep em coming. This car is pretty quick. But it's no where near as fast as my mustang. I have a ways to go before I even get close. But it is a fun car to drive around. It just has no torque until you punch it. That's really the only thing that kills me.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Mana4Real said:
Thanks for not flaming at all guys. It's nice to hear some stories. Keep em coming. This car is pretty quick. But it's no where near as fast as my mustang. I have a ways to go before I even get close. But it is a fun car to drive around. It just has no torque until you punch it. That's really the only thing that kills me.
Not wantin' to flame, Mana4Real, but how could you?!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
STONECOLD said:
Your Mach has a 6 speed?
well of course...how else do you think I can trap at 740 mph???

no...whoops...should of been a 4 in there...hahahaha...let me go starve myself, and slice of another square inch of flesh from my stupid hand...stupid hand...stupid stupid...

you're so stupid Yorchi...stupid stupid stupid...that's why no one likes you...
It's not true, a lot of people like me...
no they don't, they only want your car...
no, you lie, they like me, they really do...
just goes to show you how stupid you are. You're going to be the stupidest person in the world by the time you die...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Um, Yorchi, have you been drinking....again?:winks

I had an srt-4 take a run at me from a roll. We came through a light onto an open highway at about 40, he had been eyeing me in traffic, but was about 5 car lengths behind me when we finally got clear enough to go. I was watching him in the mirror, and I'd guess we nailed it about the same time. I only dropped it to third and kept my foot down. We ran up to about 90 before he slowed to exit. I might have pulled a little distance on him by that point, but not much. He sure wasn't catching me though.

Oh, that was before my cold air and tune. I think had I nailed second, the gap would have been bigger, but I was impressed. Don't know what mods if any he had.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
YORCHI said:
well of course...how else do you think I can trap at 740 mph???

no...whoops...should of been a 4 in there...hahahaha...let me go starve myself, and slice of another square inch of flesh from my stupid hand...stupid hand...stupid stupid...

you're so stupid Yorchi...stupid stupid stupid...that's why no one likes you...
It's not true, a lot of people like me...
no they don't, they only want your car...
no, you lie, they like me, they really do...
just goes to show you how stupid you are. You're going to be the stupidest person in the world by the time you die...
Back in your cave gollum! lol

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
meangreen92 said:
Don't like the sound of that one bit! Please say you were in the Ranger.
i wish i could say i was. has the meangreen machine come up on an srt 4 before?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
lxarlo said:
i wish i could say i was. has the meangreen machine come up on an srt 4 before?
Zero, zip, nada. Jeez, I guess I probably don't want to. Did take a 350z though.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.