·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hahah 0 for me "knock on wood" My age might suprise some people also:cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Stopped once, received warning only...72 in a 55.

·
Registered
169 Posts
None. Haven't had a ticket for a long time. But my insurance still went up from an 05 Corvette to a 05 G.T. conv. (They said, "different type people").

·
Registered
767 Posts
No tickets and not even pulled over a single time in the GT, but be damned if I didn't get one for 80 in a 70 while driving with the flow of traffic yesterday coming home from an out of town trip in the wifes Infinity FX. Go figure...

·
Registered
305 Posts
BlackSunshine said:
I got stopped for 'gunning it'

no tickets though, and i drive kinda fast
:evilchuck
Same thing happened to me. The cop said he was going to cut me a break because I was cooperative. He also said he couldn't find a law in the book that I had broken, so I caught a "break".

·
Registered
45 Posts

I have gotten 2 in 2 months...85 in a 55 and 90+ in a 65.......:sosad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
None for me, but I'm surprised because I was going 80 in a 30 zone. and over a 100+ in a 55 zone.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm the unlucky one :sosad:

I've been stopped 6-7 times. All but the last 2 were because they wanted to look at the car more than anything. No tickets or warnings.

The last 2 were not for the same reasons

I got caught doing 120kph in a 90 zone (75mph in a 55 zone) 3 points.

30 hours later

I got caught doing 160kph in a 100 zone (100mph in a 60 zone) 6 points.

Needless to say I get the picture.

Radar and Laser detectors are illegal and carry a $1,000.00 fine .

·
Registered
39 Posts
thump_rrr said:
I'm the unlucky one :sosad:

I've been stopped 6-7 times. All but the last 2 were because they wanted to look at the car more than anything. No tickets or warnings.

The last 2 were not for the same reasons

I got caught doing 120kph in a 90 zone (75mph in a 55 zone) 3 points.

30 hours later

I got caught doing 160kph in a 100 zone (100mph in a 60 zone) 6 points.

Needless to say I get the picture.

Radar and Laser detectors are illegal and carry a $1,000.00 fine .
hahahah....it's those stripes brother.....

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Got caught in the carpool lane. $101. As I merged back onto the freeway I let the officer hear all 300 horses.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No tickets yet! No stops yet either! I don't have a radar detector. But I am constantly scanning for any type of traffic enforcement vehicles. I know the area I drive in pretty well. But I am moving to Seattle in a few weeks, so I will need to be more careful!

110mph in a 50mph zone - once
100mph in a 55mph (with some other car(s) following me) - twice
80mph in 50mph with traffic to work - often
70mph in a 25mph ( a business park road) - once following and catching up to BMW325i.

Not that breaking the speed limit is a thing I would put on a resume...

·
Registered
209 Posts
myromac87 said:
hahahah....it's those stripes brother.....
It really is those stripes thumprr. I got my 1st ticket in 15 years and i was going 53 in a 50. I've put over 150,000 miles on this stretch of road, and 4500 miles later on my stang.....well, I'm gonna fight it because the cop was so confused he even failed to ticket me for no front plate. I wonder what the judge will say when I show him a pic and tell him "see judge, I don't have a front plate. His radar can't have got me going 53".:laughlitt

BTW iplaydat, Be careful on HWY 169 in black diamond.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
None yet but apparently rolled a stop sign on Bolling AFB today. Security Forces stopped me and informed me of my apparent infraction... But no ticket.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Ferrari

My next door neighbor, back in MD, had a Ferrari, briefly. He met Greg Norman, the golfer, via the cars. Norman had just bought one. The neighbor complained about being stopped all the time for infractions as serious as going 55 in a 55. Not kidding. Norman said he tosses the officer the keys and says "Wanna drive it?" with a big, winning smile.

Only once has the officer taken him up on it. However, he has *never* been ticketed and cited that method for saving him the trouble. The neighbor got fed up with it and sold it, however.

Think I would offer to trade the officer rides. "You drive mine and I drive yours [big, winning smile]." I bet cop cars handle well and have cajones to spare.

Not like ours of course :rolleyes:

-David

·
Registered
53 Posts
How Many Tickets....

This is a true story. In late summer I was on my way to play golf at 5:15am (to make a 5:30am tee time) and got pulled over for going 65mph in a 40mph zone. While getting the bad news and getting out my registration and proof of insurance the officer commented "nice Mustang". I think I mumbled "thank you" as I was thinking how I was going to explain to my wife a $100+ ticket and/or traffic survival school. The officer proceeded to walk all around my 2005 Windveil Blue V6 and met me back at the driver's door. He looked at me and said "You know I'm a Mustang guy and it is about time for breakfast. Just be careful how fast you are driving." I said "thanks!" we shook hands, got in our cars and drove off. That would never have happened with my 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe!

tucsondivots:santa
2005 Windveil Blue V6, Hireman Pony, Bruno fuel filler door (painted by Hireman), Bob White decals, Silver Racing honeycomb rear cover

·
Registered
75 Posts
94 in a 50 with 2 months of ownership... 1st speeding ticket ever... Ive had Trans Ams and a 66 mustang...

I am considering selling it, I dont like the attention I am getting... I am driving with traffic and I get picked for the ticket... effin BS....

F 250's with simple plan pricing are looking very attractive... I drive the same with my old truck and never got noticed... NOW, If I take the wife out cops do Uturns to follow me... BS profiling :rolleyes:

FOR SALE

·
Registered
150 Posts
Packoo said:
94 in a 50 with 2 months of ownership... 1st speeding ticket ever... Ive had Trans Ams and a 66 mustang...

I am considering selling it, I dont like the attention I am getting... I am driving with traffic and I get picked for the ticket... effin BS....

F 250's with simple plan pricing are looking very attractive... I drive the same with my old truck and never got noticed... NOW, If I take the wife out cops do Uturns to follow me... BS profiling :rolleyes:

FOR SALE
welcome to the wonderful world of owning a mustang.....

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
BlackSunshine said:
I got stopped for 'gunning it'

no tickets though, and i drive kinda fast
Didn't know there was a law against "Excessive acceleration". I got no tickets btw(knock on wood). I chalk that up to not speeding at night when I can't see cops.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've gotten none so far but with the way I'm driving it I'm doomed to get atleast one, I got two on my other mustang, 70 in 50 and 60 in a 45, both had reckless driving on it, then I got pulled over in other mustang for fishtailing at U turn then hiding from the cop.. lol well i wasnt "hiding" because he didnt turn his lights on, I just pulled off the road into a nearby Sonnys and he didnt like that =P I got a warning though, dont think he coulda gave me a ticket w/o pulling me over with his lights, he actually went around back of the Sonnys and blocked me off to stop me. The cop actually called my parents at like 11 at night said do you know where your parents are, and he lied about what I did, he said I gunned it at a red arrow left turn, so he said i ran a red light, then said i was speeding, in a construction zone, and my friends were waving their hands in the air (cause my other mustang is a convert) and i was doing 360s, lmao.. not only was the light green, and it wasnt a construction zone, but the sonnys was so close i couldnt have sped, im sure my friend was waving his arms though, it was pretty funny though. I also didnt have my license eitehr, crazy night!

But pulled over for gunning it? **** that's gonna be me with my leadfoot in first gear lol I better watch that one! And how does your insurance go up for a mustang GT over a corvette.. wow. I've actually heard a lot of stories, like my friend's dad owns chevy dealership, has a few SSR and corvette, friend took out the SSR, cop pulled him over and said I want to see what my retirement fund can do (the SSR he was saving up for) so the cop raced him up to 80 (in a 65) lol.. crazy cops.

And I've got a k40 RD portable radar, it works pretty well but when it comes to laser I think it sucks, I've seen a few cops that I've driven by and never heard the thing go off yet they had their gun out the window. Another reason why I'm questioning my stripes, I get all the attention now, stripes would just add, and every cop that i see goin the otherway always comes into eye contact with me lol, I thought my other mustang was bad (02 silver gt convert), even the one that pulled me over at the Sonnys was telling my parents "he shouldnt have that kind of car" and my driving instructor before I turned 16 was like "OMG YOU CANNOT GIVE HIM THAT CAR!" but hey.. i was like sure dad lemme drive the escalade you can drive the mustang.. lol right?

That's simply amazing though they'd pull you over for 5 mph over, isnt there something with the guns that they cant be that accurate so most cops wouldnt pull you over 5 over? Anyway my dad wouldnt give a **** if it was jsut 5 mph over.. thats rediculous.

As far as looking out for "law enforcement types", my friend got pulled over in his silverado SS recently by like a learner cop, like he was in class to become a cop but wasnt a real one, oh yeah he was in the "bomb squad" cop car and pulled my friend over but couldnt "cite" him because he wasnt a real cop yet.. isnt that illegal to be pulling people over if you're not a real cop?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.