Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How many use there convertible top boot cover?

22K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ath627 
#1 ·
As I've been detailing the Mustang I bought for my son I've been e-mailing him pics, today I lowered the top and sent him some pics but didn't install the convertible top boot cover just for pics.

How many of you convertible owners use there boot cover while driving, also, is there any video of how to lower the top as well as installing the boot....that way he can get more familiar with the Mustang while overseas.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Never used it. Too much trouble. Took it of trunk and put it my attic.

#5 ·
I try to use it whenever I can. It cleans up the look of the car and I think it would reduce wind resistance. Although I have yet to prove out that theory. I do agree it is a major pain in the butt. The install is a pain but not as much of a pain the amount of times you might have to install, take off and reinstall. You put it in to go for a ride, then decide to go to a store or restaurant and have to rake it off, then put it back in for the ride home.

#6 ·
I have no trouble at all with putting mine on, or taking it off. I can even do it fairly easily with the top all the way down. Once you've done it a few times and get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

However, I mainly install it when showing the Mustang. Otherwise, I leave it off when driving for the convenience of putting the top up to lock the vehicle when parking her out in public. I also put the top/windows up when she's in the garage-helps keep the dirt/dust levels down in the interior.

#8 ·
Never liked them on any of my verts, too clean a look! Looks much tougher with the folded top.

#9 ·
I like the look of them. According to the window sticker, mine should have had one, but the previous owner did not include it. I am too cheap to buy one. Come to think of it, I'm lazy too, probably would never use it :gringreen

#11 ·
I've been reconditioning our 2005 convertible. Out of laziness, we rarely use the boot. I just took it in for a new convertible top and before I did, I ran my fingers along the liner on the interior. It's black and looked fine. I was grossed out to feel all of the grime that had built up from years of driving without the boot. ?

Since I have a boot anyway, I'll be using it going forward.

#12 ·
The verti Boot cover easily installs and not only improves the look, but also helps keep debris (leaves, pine needles, dirt, road dust etc,) from accumulating inside the inner housing which isn't easy to get out.

Don't forget the form fitting tailor made ford factory weathershield car cover which comes in handy. Even covers the antennae with a cylindrical fit (no holes to cut out) and side view mirrors with a protruding form fit. All the seams are in line with the body style of of the car as well. A bit expensive, but also keeps the vehicle from unnecessary scratches and accumulative dust. The lower center part of the cover has two plastic grommets so you can tie it underneath to insure the wind doesn't blow it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.