Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how much boost the block on a 1995 5.0 can hold before you need to maybe add block reinforcers. I am think fo ordering a powerdyne supercharger for my car and while the motor has been modified, the block is still stock. Any know how much boost it can safely hold. Right now with the mods on my car it is making about 260 rwhp. Powerdyne makes a 6psi kit that should put my car at about 350-370 rwhp and also a 9psi kit that using there numbers should put my car at about or somewhere in the neighborhood of 390 -410 rwhp again using there numbers but you can never really be sure what it will do. And there is an additional option you add, the power pipe, that is supposed to add 2psi....so if anyone knows what i should do here or has heard of someone in this simular situation please any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to add a little hp and that is the cheapest way to get the most. I am in college now and I dont put a whole of money in the car so i want the most hp i can get without having to modify other things to much. thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
I ran 12 pounds on my stock block (that had 110k on it) without any problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Truuble are you happy with your vortech? any problems? have you heard anything about those powerdynes? I also am considering maybe a vortech. Obviously you like the vortech with it helping you get on the cover of magazines and getting your tires off the ground.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Paxton VR4 14psi with 148k+ miles now on the engine. Will it split- PROBABLY when ...been trying for 5 years with other 450whp and now I am at 525whp. If you have the engine apart I would do something to support the block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.