Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 cobra car that was just a shell when i got it and I found a mark 4v motor cheap, anyways i am single t-70 turboing it and my turbo has a manual boost adjustment so i was wondering if anyone knows a safe boost to start at. I also read that you need to put 30# injectors and a bigger fuel pump, is this needed under low boost? I know the mark has a cast crank so i would like to keep the horse power around 400. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not certain when it comes to the turbo, but I know they say 8# is "safe" with a centrifugal supercharger on the 96-98 Cobra motors which are essentially the same in the Mark VIII. Definitely look into upgrading the fuel system and have it tuned, you don't want to lean it out and cook pistons on that "new" motor.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
yes you will definitely need to up the fuel system. make sure the MAF is calibrated for the new injectors too, otherwise you'll flood your cylinders with fuel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
more fuel bigger injectors a good tune and you should be fine.

BTW your cast crank is good up to 700 hp. at that point you might want to have it balanced.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
look into a kenne bell "boost a pump"...a great inexpensive way to upgrade the fuel system...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.