Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasnt sure exactly what gear I had so I jacked up the car and had my buddy turn the tire one turn, drive shaft turned right at 2 3/4s turns. So 2.73s it is.

Now I have a set of 3.73s and upper and lower controls arms to be installed Friday if weather holds out, question is????? Will it be a just ok difference or am I going to smiling for days???

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
three words for switching from 2.73's to 3.73's.. NIGHT AND DAY!
You'll be smiling til the day your ride meets the car Gods in the sky, haha!

·
Registered
94 Posts
haha i am asking the same question right now! ive got 3.27s in my gt right now and im gettin my 3.73s installed tomorrow and i really dont know what to expect!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yea I was told when I bought the car that it had 3.27s, but when I bought a new GT back in 1998 it had 3.27s and it wouldnt run close to 75mph in 2nd gear, and the one I have now has the rev limiter set 5100.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out for me!!

To those who responded with a normal response, the car runs awsome, the gears really woke it up. Dont know what the top speed will be but 110 is all 4th will pull.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got 3.73's in mine with a S/C. 4th will pull to around 120mph or so, but I go to 6000/6200.

Plus I have a shot of some nitrous on top of it. But I will say it gets to 110-120 really really quick.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pi

Yea thats sweet, your PI motor will work a bit harder then my NPI will , but I would say mine would probally pull 120 in 4th if I didnt have my revlimiter set at 5100. I will probally raise it around 5400 later on down the rode, car runs pretty descent and its not hurting the motor at all. May keep me from breaking something:happyhapp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.