Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does an 1987 ford mustang with a recently new gas tank. has 3.73's, shorty heads, new cowl grille, primer paint job, aftermarket stereo and speakers, has 36xxx miles, shocks. No A/C. Aftermarket Electric fan

Im looking into buying a 1999 to 2004 mustang convertible and parents are not going to let me keep both and cant keep up with both. how much would insurence be for a 1999-2004 mustang for a 18 year old thats had there licence's since he was 16 and no tickets.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
look up your car on Kelly Blue book to find the value...and insurance at 18 for a new edge Stang will be high.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as low of a year i could go was 1988 and the price was 1,690. I would definatly not sale the stang for that cheap.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
i hear that....try looking around on e-bay,craigslist,etc. and see what cars close to yours are going for.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Blue Book will be very cheap in value. Just check out similar cars and see what they're going for.
And to insurance, it doesn't matter if you have no tickets, it's your age and type of car. I know, I had the same thing when I got mine. They gave me the run around, saying I have to have 5 years driving experience for my rates to come down (I was 18 when I got mine and at age 21 it was supposed to come down). I said ok. When I turned 21, I brought it up... uh, no, we meant 7 years experience. When I turned 23, brought it up again... uh, no, we meant 7 years with the car. I gave them an appropriate salute and went elsewhere. Overall, you can thank NC's insurance-happy Governor for these rules you have to go by.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow that sucks man. Im thanking about it but it all depends on how much insurence will be i think. Its not that i cant afford it its more of do i really want to pay that much.

·
Registered
104 Posts
here is your chance to raise the values for these cars. ask high besides, if you cant sell it you will have lower insurance rates for a while longer.I have an 84 and wouldn't sell it for less than 6k. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay that for now but that is what I would take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.