Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its hard to stop now and i can push the pedal almost to the floor and need to know how much it costs

·
Registered
506 Posts
maybe an hours worth of shop time, it won't take them long because they will have a brake bleeding tool

·
Registered
144 Posts
it all depends on where you go i've seen them anywhere from 30 bucks for a basic bleed just to get the air out up to 90 for a complete brake system flush

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bleeding brakes is very easy, the hard part is finding someone to help you. Open the resevior, take out the fluid with a turkey baster. refill it with new fluid. Now start at the furthest bleeder which will be the passanger side rear, then the driver side rear, the the passanger front , then the driver front. have someone pump up the brakes, while this is being done open the valve, tell them to let you know when the brakes hit the floor. The refill as needed. Do each until the fluid is clear. The important part is making sure the resevior is always full or half full. Time is about 30 mins and about a full big bottle of some good brake fluid. Use the best, cuts down on water getting in your system. Now start the car, and make sure the brakes are normal. If not then their is air in the system and you should start from the beginning again. Using the bleeding machine pushes the fluid threw your system and as you bleed each brake it keeps the resevior full all the time. So you can do it alone. You can also have the car running the entire time, which will make it faster to get them bleeded. Your call if your worried about gas or not. I wish you well, if you have question please ask. I have done several vehicles of all kinds. So you will be fine.:winks

·
Registered
130 Posts
...the thing is, those symptoms sound a lot like a bad master cylinder.

The brake MC is about a 15 minute remove and replace exercise. The longest part of the process is removing the plastic reservoir...

THEN you can bleed the brakes and be done with it.

- dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts