Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been loooking online at soe of the body kits for my 2000 V6. I like the Roush kit, Saleen Kit, and the StalkerII. My question is to anyone who has put on a body kit. How much did the install, prep, and paint cost. I'm not wantingto go for any flashy colors, I would stick with my original color, it's my College colors. Sooner Red

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh I should mention that if I got a body kit put on I would do the front facsia, hood, side skirts, side scoops, and the rear bumper. I would keep my stock spoiler, I kind of like it.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Oh I should mention that if I got a body kit put on I would do the front facsia, hood, side skirts, side scoops, and the rear bumper. I would keep my stock spoiler, I kind of like it.
Depends on the kit and the price of labor in your area. -AND on how much you do yourself.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would do any of the body work myself , although I would probably put the parts on except fpr the side scoops. Then I would want a pro to prep and paint it. I was looking mainly for estimated cost for that, I would buy the parts and do the initial install myself. Let the pro adjust it, prep, and paint it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would do any of the body work myself , although I would probably put the parts on except fpr the side scoops. Then I would want a pro to prep and paint it. I was looking mainly for estimated cost for that, I would buy the parts and do the initial install myself. Let the pro adjust it, prep, and paint it.
maybe 6-800....like he said it all depends on where you take it..

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Prep is the easiest part, and the most costly. if you want to pay someone 50 dollars an hour to sand and prime, that's your choice but you don't paint the pieces on the car. That's how you get runs, all the work you're talking about doing will cost you more in the long run, because they'll have to take them off anyway.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
In all honestly you'll pay anywhere between 900-2000$ and with everything you want probably closer to the 1.4k+ range.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you were by me I would do it all for about $600 Including paint.
But then again look around and ask.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ha Ha That sucks....You also live in a Big State. So things Intend to Be more $.
Then again I could be wrong. I sais around $600 Because I Run a Shop up here painting and doing bodywork with some great guys and for Mustangs I'll always Cut the Discount but shhhhhhhh its a secret lol....I also painted my own ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.