Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam Galloway Ford in Southwest Florida just sold Shelby (#25 off the line) for $85,000. :shocked:

Just curious to see if everyone is selling for that kind of cheese.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I talked to a guy at a show a couple weeks ago (Black Vert Cobra), he claimed he paid $48K out the door? This is hard for me to believe in Southern Cali. He claimed there was a deal going on in 04. He had to lease the 04 Cobra to get the 07 for MSRP.

Anyone else heard of this deal?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sounds like Bull Doo Doo!

·
Registered
636 Posts
sincitystang said:
Sounds like Bull Doo Doo!
That's what I think too. But, I do believe he came with/friends with one of our club members. Odds are we'll see him again and pin him down on what the real deal is.....or not? Maybe it is a secret society thing :laugh: , ok I won't even go there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just went to look at the Red Shelby At Kings Ford (About 25 NNE of Cinci). the sales man sid they "adjusted" the sticker for a 20,000 Prem. Making the asking price 62 and change. But, he then told me the owner said that the first person to offer 15,000 over would be driving it off.

Still outta my range....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Eric The MadMan said:
I talked to a guy at a show a couple weeks ago (Black Vert Cobra), he claimed he paid $48K out the door? This is hard for me to believe in Southern Cali. He claimed there was a deal going on in 04. He had to lease the 04 Cobra to get the 07 for MSRP.

Anyone else heard of this deal?
That is correct. It's called a Power Lease. Any one who did a Power Lease on an '04 Cobra has 1st right of refusal on a new Shelby 500 for MSRP.

·
Registered
233 Posts
53k out the door for a fellow mustang club member (coupe). Charleston SC

The dealer sold all of their for MSRP + 10k.

·
Registered
210 Posts
3 sold for the same in Reading, PA $10k over. they were sold when first became available.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
AmericanMustang said:
That is correct. It's called a Power Lease. Any one who did a Power Lease on an '04 Cobra has 1st right of refusal on a new Shelby 500 for MSRP.
I have heard of this same Power Lease. As I understand it, if you leased a '04 Cobra you have first right of refusal for a '07 GT500 at MSRP, but you only get to lease it not buy it. Or at least that is how I heard it.

Anyways, no matter what they are asking for it, it is more than I am willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I dropped my car off yesterday to get a o/c and get some rattling fixed, and Payton-Wright didn't even have one. They had 3 GT's in the lobby with various body kits and such, but no GT500 :(

Would've been nice to see on in person. Did catch a red one w/ the California Dream Ram Hood, or whatever its called. Pretty bad ass if you ask me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Eric The MadMan said:
That's what I think too. But, I do believe he came with/friends with one of our club members. Odds are we'll see him again and pin him down on what the real deal is.....or not? Maybe it is a secret society thing :laugh: , ok I won't even go there.
Bottom line is the new owner can TELL you anything. I know Bob Baker here in SD is marking theirs up as much as $35K. It's human nature to make others believe you are the best negotiator in town. Fact is - they aren't as impressive as the press releases would have you believe. The good thing is the owners seem to be driving them and not hiding them in garages.

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
I got an e-mail stating that a local dealer has one for ONLY $75K....for that, I will get a Z06 and remodel my bathroom

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
mrvandermey said:
I have heard of this same Power Lease. As I understand it, if you leased a '04 Cobra you have first right of refusal for a '07 GT500 at MSRP, but you only get to lease it not buy it. Or at least that is how I heard it.

Anyways, no matter what they are asking for it, it is more than I am willing to pay.
I jheard of it too...prob was that the SVT dealer nearest to me didnt have a F-in clue to what it was I I was shi out of luck:sadcry:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Still asking 20k over list in North West Jersey. Car is still sitting there, people are still looking at it. I was number 5 on the list and said no thank you. My salesman said thay are down to number 20 on the list. Still sitting threre.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm glad they're sitting on the lots! These dealers are just greedy bastards.

I'll never buy from a dealer again. I bought mine on the internet from an autobroker. It was a smooth and pleasant experience. I ordered exactly what I wanted and waited "impatiently" for delivery to a local dealer. The autobroker's charge was 2% of MSRP, so he worked very hard to find me the best price possible....and he did. The price I paid more than covered his fee, compared to what the dealers wanted around here. I'll let the rich guys pay for the fancy showrooms and the 12 moronic sales guys on the floor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Eric The MadMan said:
I'm glad they're sitting on the lots! These dealers are just greedy bastards. Imports make twice the profit the domestics do. Then send it overseas.

I'll never buy from a dealer again. Good , they would probably rather not see you either. Someone who is scared, inconsiderate and CHEAP. I bought mine on the INTERNET from an autobroker. It was a smooth and pleasant experience. I ordered exactly what I wanted and waited "impatiently" for delivery to a local dealer. The autobroker's charge was 2% of MSRP, Yea, you could have paid that (or less) to a salesman so he could support his family instead you paid someone who has no continued interest in you and sent your tax dollars to another city or state. so he worked very hard to find me the best price possible....and he did. The price I paid more than covered his fee, compared to what the dealers wanted around here. I'll let the rich guys pay for the fancy showrooms and the 12 moronic sales guys on the floor.
If guy's like you were not such cheap a**holes, you would have more professional salespeople.:)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I haven't seen any at the Dealers around me. I found on another Mustang site a dealer was asking for a 77K markup, asking 125K even for the car. The dealer was in Canada but the MSRP was 47800, so I don't think it was in Canadian funds

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select3960.htm

·
Registered
132 Posts
WOW! I guess they think the market will barre (spelling) it. That's pretty strong, but there are a bunch of folks out there with a lot of money and they really don't care as long as they get one.
We have three coming and have yet to see the first. Next year will be my best shot at getting one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FireMedic90 said:
Sam Galloway Ford in Southwest Florida just sold Shelby (#25 off the line) for $85,000. :shocked:

Just curious to see if everyone is selling for that kind of cheese.
Woody Anderson Ford, Huntsvile, AL. #10 went for $69,000 Saturday the 23rd. Sounds like a deal! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
why is ford doing that? 20k mark up? corvettes sell at or below sticker (by me at least) and any vette's a strong matchup for a cobra.

And AMERICAN MUSTANG: there is nothing wrong with being cheap, why spend more when you can spend less for the same product? Don't just buy the first Cobra you see, wait it out a bit, shop around, try to get to know a General Manager of Fleet guy, they can help get you a deal, in fact if you go ask for a fleet guy right away, you dont even need to deal with the jackass salespeople (yes i know it's their job to be jackasses, they're on commision...) so dont diss a guy for being cheap, life is all about value, not frivolous stupid spending.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts