Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The Rumors are the 2008 GT500 will have more power.. so all those guys buying the 07 with 500HP are gonna see the 08's with 50-100 more HP.... isn't that gonna suck..for them..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
sincitystang said:
The Rumors are the 2008 GT500 will have more power.. so all those guys buying the 07 with 500HP are gonna see the 08's with 50-100 more HP.... isn't that gonna suck..for them..
:bounce2: WOAH!:bounce2: 600 hp, let that sell at 70-80k otd, and then Ford'll really have a Mustang to give vipers an vettes a hard time... :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
A local dealer in my area had a GT500 which they put up on auction. Their starting bid was 50,000. Someone drove home with it for 49K.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Koon's Ford in College Park Maryland...$79,000.00 + tax and title. They also have a Ford GT...$146,000.00 + tax and title

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Perry Ford in Poway Ca. sold one for 20k over............:eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
AmericanMustang said:
If guy's like you were not such cheap a**holes, you would have more professional salespeople.:)
Easy turbo! must be a salesman eh? and if you are that's even more reason to not deal with one..........

·
Registered
496 Posts
pumpdoc said:
Easy turbo! must be a salesman eh? and if you are that's even more reason to not deal with one..........
Sounds like the dude who sold me my 'stang

·
Registered
132 Posts
gphasagt said:
why is ford doing that? 20k mark up? corvettes sell at or below sticker (by me at least) and any vette's a strong matchup for a cobra.

And AMERICAN MUSTANG: there is nothing wrong with being cheap, why spend more when you can spend less for the same product? Don't just buy the first Cobra you see, wait it out a bit, shop around, try to get to know a General Manager of Fleet guy, they can help get you a deal, in fact if you go ask for a fleet guy right away, you dont even need to deal with the jackass salespeople (yes i know it's their job to be jackasses, they're on commision...) so dont diss a guy for being cheap, life is all about value, not frivolous stupid spending.
Ford is not the one setting the price! It's the consumer. This car's starting bid was sticker. Would you say "no" to an extra $20,000?

Speaking of jackasses, You obviously don't have a job that requires you to appreciate the people who pay your freakin paycheck! Somebody is selling something or you would not have a job.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
AmericanMustang said:
Ford is not the one setting the price! It's the consumer. This car's starting bid was sticker. Would you say "no" to an extra $20,000?

Speaking of jackasses, You obviously don't have a job that requires you to appreciate the people who pay your freakin paycheck! Somebody is selling something or you would not have a job.

Me? Well geeze I only go out every day to meet my customers and do a great job so that they are happy and pay the bill.......

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If a dealer told me they were charging a 20k markup, I'd tell him I'm going next door to pickup a Z06 for the same price and I'll be seeing those GT500s in my rear-view mirror, schmuck.

Why is it that I don't feel bad for Ford while it's going down the toilet when dealers treat these customers like this, and Ford Corporate just sits there and does nothing.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'll sit back and wait until I can afford my 2059 Ford GT900!!! It'll take me that long..... :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Roger that. I apologize for flaming. Obviously I'm pretty passionate about people bashing salespeople and the domestic dealers when they finally have a product that has that kind of demand. The dealer doesn't create that value the public does.

Originally Posted by gphasagt "dont even need to deal with the jackass salespeople (yes i know it's their job to be jackasses,
I hear everyone, (not just on this site) complaining about the "over sticker" amount. How much does a ZO6 cost? Or any other 500 HP sports car cost?
This Shelby is a world class car. There will be a lot of high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead. Unless their egos won't let them admit it.

My hats off to Ford for building such a great piece of American Muscle and the American nostalgias for helping the new Mustang become one of the most sought after cars in recent history. Poke your chests out boys!

·
Registered
18 Posts
AmericanMustang said:
I hear everyone, (not just on this site) complaining about the "over sticker" amount. How much does a ZO6 cost? Or any other 500 HP sports car cost?
This Shelby is a world class car. There will be a lot of high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead. Unless their egos won't let them admit it.

My hats off to Ford for building such a great piece of American Muscle and the American nostalgias for helping the new Mustang become one of the most sought after cars in recent history. Poke your chests out boys!
A Z06 costs $69k, or roughly the same as the GT500s with the average $20k markup. In terms of performance, the GT500 isn't even on the Z06's radar. The hp numbers may be the same, but the Z06 is the more balanced, lighter, better handling, better optioned, quicker, and faster of the two. Before we start beating our collective Mustang chests, let's keep in mind that the GT500 barely runs with the "regular" Vette, let alone any Z06. Everyone on all the Mustang boards seems to focus on the GT500's horsepower number, and completely ignore the other factors that go into making a sports car. Not to mention that with 500hp, the GT500 is barely quicker than its 390hp SVT predecessor. Your GT500 has 500hp, great...I'll take a C6 with 100 less and still watch you play catch up. And as for the "high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead", let's be serious. Do you sit around wishing you bought a "high-line import"? So why would they sit around dreaming about a Mustang?

For msrp, or slightly below, I like the GT500. With the markups I think it's a sad joke. And even at msrp, I'd really have to be feeling Ford Blue to choose the Mustang over the Vette.

·
Registered
132 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
If a dealer told me they were charging a 20k markup, I'd tell him I'm going next door to pickup a Z06 for the same price and I'll be seeing those GT500s in my rear-view mirror, schmuck.

Why is it that I don't feel bad for Ford while it's going down the toilet when dealers treat these customers like this, and Ford Corporate just sits there and does nothing.
FYI: Ford is not the one setting the price! It's the consumer. This car's starting bid was sticker. Would you say "no" to an extra $20,000?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
AmericanMustang said:
i personally don't work in retail, but i am well aware of how the business works. yes dealers need to make a profit, but they shouldn't rip people off. they are treating the Cobra like the Ford GT, it should be treated like a corvette, mass produced muscle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Dealerships make their money on service for the most part.. sales $$$ is a smaller percentage of profit.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts