Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just for back ground I'm 16 have a job and a car.. and have always loved mustangs and knowing more and more about them, anyways there is a 87 5.0 gt 5 speed for sale. it's in good condition. a sony stereo and stock except for flows. 112,000 miles on it. engine is strong and no problems. and garage kept. intereor is nice also, not too much wear. but it does have some body damage front bumper, hood.. and wouldn't hurt to have a new rear bumper. nice paint though (black):winks and I test drove it. nice. cause I'm like :drool: anyways he's wanting $4,000 and this fox body style is my fav and hard to find around here. and he might go down.. plus he is a friend so I know he's telling the truth.. please give me your thoughts. I know it's a lil high but I might beable to get 2 grand out of my car so ya..

·
Registered
19 Posts
That probably isn't too bad. I'd offer 3500 and see where it goes from there. When I look for a foxbody, I am just looking for a good core. No rust, no serious damage or paint problems, rims in good condition (they tell alot about how it's been driven) nice interior thats all intack, taken care of.....things of that nature. Their just so hard to find these days not beaten to s**t if ya know what I mean. So if ya found one, I'd pay the price. I bought a 91 GT this last fall, 96K, had a cam, cold air intake, uniframe connectors, lower contral arms, pro built tranny and rear end, interior is mint, body is in great condition....few dings and rock chips for 5300......and I thought I got a good deal. Heres a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
$4,000 isn't that far off if it's in decent shape overall, but that's up to you to decide the condition. A clean un-molested Fox Chassis will fetch $6,000 to $7,000 even if it has over 100,000 miles on it. A clean one is getting harder to find everyday, that's why they're getting expensive. If you think about it, a 93 Mustang is now 13 years old; in 7 years there aren't going to be very many affordable one's out there.

IMO, if I had $4,000, I'd keep looking, I'm sure if you took some time you could find one that's in better condition, you sure aren't going to find many in that price range worse.

Also, you should NEVER buy a car from a friend, it's the quickest way to ruin a friendship.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.