Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone back and forth on either headers or just x pipe but after thinking of the price difference and pain in the ass to install them, not to mention something happen and they need to be removed for warranty work I've decided to just go with a lethal O/R X.

My car already has CAI,tune, and axle backs... so what kind of gains are you seeing from adding one ? They show 15 rwhp on a stock car, I was hoping maybe 20 or more. Anybody add one the re-Dyno their car to see the gains ? Let me know your gains or 2 cents !

·
Registered
270 Posts
Axle back not cat back means you have that restrictive section behind cats , factory resonators and hump pipe are restrictive

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think it depends on the car. Buddy of mine has the same car w/ the same mods except for the O/R pipe. Mine has the stock xpipe. My car made 2 more hp...so depends on the car and the day.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I love the ORX and stock mufflers I run. I was at the dealer yesterday and I even had them check the exhaust as I have a slight rattle on cold start for about 10 seconds. They didn't say shiit about the ORX. My guess, 99% of them won't give a crap!!!

IMO.

As far as power goes, I had a Bama 93 tune and Airaid CAI installed when I stuck my ORX on. It works really well. I could not really feel it down low, but I would say from 4K-5K RPM on up you could really feel it pull harder. I took my flowmasters off because they are just too damn loud with the ORX pipe. Lethal shows 14HP gained on stock vehicle, Brenspeed says it's about the same. I would guess 10-14 HP. That's good HP for a 300$ pipe IMO.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can say there is a massive difference I noticed before tune with offroad x-pipe and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Nice gains. ORX is will worth the money IMO. It's a nice poor mans exhaust performance upgrade. Plus I love how my car has NO drone and is quiet when cruising. I even deleted the rumble tube to keep the interior as quiet as possible. I love these cars...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2011 GT also has Steeda CAI & SCT Tune. On Friday they will be installing Kooks Headers and an X-Pipe. Will see the difference soon and repost...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah...id like to see before and after numbers with those headers

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
How about an O/R X versus a catted X ...:hijacked:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not much of a gain with a catted X. The power comes from removing the cats.
I am doing research on this right now and I was just wondering about the o2 sensors. If you don't have cats but you still have the sensors in the O/R x-pipe, won't that throw a code without a tune? I keep seeing where guys say they put on the x-pipe without a tune and I guess I don't understand enough to know if it will throw a code or not.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
@redstangstingu- you will benefit yourself and you car w a tune!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
o/r x will throw a code. you need a tune to turn off the o2s.

·
Registered
352 Posts
@redstangstingu- you will benefit yourself and you car w a tune!
Thanks, yes I know a tune is a great mod. Have had many on my '06. I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row and I don't want to buy a mod first that really won't work until I buy another mod.

o/r x will throw a code. you need a tune to turn off the o2s.
Great, thanks!! That is what I figured but hadn't found anything saying that when I asked. I continued to research and did see it from Lethal that you would need a tune to turn off the o2's.

Thanks guys. I guess I will be looking at a CAI and a tuner next before I buy the O/R x-pipe.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
you can still run the o/r x and then when you get the tune just turn off the o2s. you will have the CEL on tho.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Run 9 also has only half the humidity as the first two as well.
True but it is also the hottest by quite a bit. When you are dealing with all three sub 40% humidity, I don't think it is that big of an issue especially with the temp difference. ****, here in the summer we are lucky to see anything below 80% so I would love 80 degrees and 30% humidity.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The tune not only shuts the rear O2's off, but it also shuts the cat over temp deal off too. I guess when the cats get too hot the engine pours more fuel in to cool them off. Might be one of the reasons why I sware I get better mileage with the ORX.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts