Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much will a one Piece Driveshaft Help if any Over the Stock Two Piece?

And maybe the Differnce between ALU. and Carbon is one better over the other other then weight?

·
Registered
914 Posts
a one piece driveshaft is monumentally better than the stock one. Also if you ever plan to run slicks you will need to replace the stock one anyways.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Look up this thread - 2008 GT pinon angle adjustment? - Sqidd had an excellent write up on this subject which has been covered many times in this forum. It is very informative and quite interesting.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carbon fiber isn't worth the extra expense.

From what Sqidd Says stick with the Stock one. And I can get the Carbon for around $635 but i guess Ill stick with the Stock for Now. Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
From what Sqidd Says stick with the Stock one. And I can get the Carbon for around $635 but i guess Ill stick with the Stock for Now. Thanks all!
$635 is cheap for CF. As for Sqidd, he just had a bad experience with his.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wish I would have known then what I know now. My CF shaft was in the ballpark of $900. I could have used that cash on suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
How much will a one Piece Driveshaft Help if any Over the Stock Two Piece?
Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy

And maybe the Differnce between ALU. and Carbon is one better over the other other then weight?
If the infamous aluminum driveshaft vibration problems are due to driveshaft “whip” the carbon one would be a huge advantage because it couldn’t “whip”.

The problem is that driveshaft whip can’t be confirmed without some serious testing equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.