1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
feel free to correct me as im not 100% but ive heard 450-500 with a good tune

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've read you can put down 450rwhp without any trouble.... Some guys have had luck with more but I woudn't push it past that and be totally surprised if something happened.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Block itself is good for like 2000....internals is another story. I made a little over 500 rwhp for a while. Others here are at about that same power level. Rods and pistons can fly apart at high rpm's at those power levels, or lower power levels / rpm's with a crappy tune.

·
Registered
457 Posts
With a great tune (Steeda CA), 94 octane, etc. etc. etc. ....,
I've been running around in my daily driver for about 2 years now with 528 rwhp...:yup:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I was making 460rwhp at 10 psi with my vortech. Increased the the boost to 12psi with new tune this spring. Have a date with the dyno in 2 weeks to see the results. I should be around the 500rwhp with the increased boost. Planning on pulling the motor this winter for a stroker upgrade. So not to worried about leaning on the motor a bit.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The block isn't the issue with these, it's the rods that tend to brinng the party to an abrup halt. When they go they take evrything eles with them. That number varies, the accepted is 450 rwhp with a safe tune. I've met one guy running a KB pushing 525rwhp and had a coupl hundred 1/4 passes and the no engine failure. He has kill 1 auto trans though.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
guy running a KB pushing 525rwhp and had a coupl hundred 1/4 passes and the no engine failure
Gotta watch out for those rwhp numbers. They can be all over the place depending upon machine and operator. That 525 could be 450 on another machine.

I am not the only one that magically lost 20% rwhp, going from a dynojet to a mustangdyno (no tuning, just pulls).

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Gotta watch out for those rwhp numbers. They can be all over the place depending upon machine and operator. That 525 could be 450 on another machine.

I am not the only one that magically lost 20% rwhp (like dropping from 500 to 400) going from a dynojet to a mustangdyno (no tuning, just pulls).
My latest dynos at JPC were on their Dyno Dynamics Dynomometer...never even heard of that one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts