Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in short how much horse power and torque can my 93 vert handle without damaging her. ( twisting the frame and warping the body)

G

·
install sub frame connectors and a roll cage.....

problem solved

make all the horsepower you can afford

BTW horsepower is not cheap

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Even stock power can affect a convertible's frame. Get some subframe connectors and you shouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I put a Kenny Brown chassis kit in mine - subframe connectors, strut tower brace and K memeber brace. Turned from a flexible flyer into a nice tight ride.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The Kenny Brown stuff is nice too. I've had the subframe connectors on 2 of my rides. Have the car on a drive on lift and bolt them to the seat bolts then stitch weld them and spray paint or undercoating on welds. The car will feel %100 better. I personnaly don't like the look of a cage in a vert but it will save your life.

·
Registered
120 Posts
maximum motorsports makes a good set of powder coated full length subframe connectors, they must be welded onto frame and rocker panel, very strong and well thought out engineering.

quote from carrol shelby " didn't know there was a thing as too much hordepower"

·
Registered
335 Posts
What about welded torque boxes and those types of kits? At what point does it make sense to gut the interior and have those things welded up? Are we all just a supercharger and a set of slicks away from that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.