Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 88 mustang gt with a novi 1000 supercharger, is pumping 5-6 psi boost, and running 12.9 without tune,

the questions is how much power would a 8 psi pulley give me, and how much will my time drop?

will be strictly :happyhapp necessary to tune it?

my engine was bore .40, with sealed power pistons (i don't know the compression ration, but is deep, closed to flat top.)

u guys think my engine and supercharger would support 9-10 psi?

my s/c is a paxton novi 1000, is 5-6 psi, u think it will support 9-10 or at least 8 psi?

i know i asked a lot of questions, but please read carefully, cuz i need the answers please.

thank u?

·
Registered
367 Posts
i dont know anything of superchargers or psi, but your ride sounds badass!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
You get 10hp for every # of boost you add. A stock block will hold w/ good tune and different heads. Anything more you should use an intercooler. (11psi max)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I read in a mustang magazine once....atmospheric pressure is something like 15psi, so really every car out there is running at 15psi, if you know your horsepower they said you divid your horsepower by 15psi, so you get hp per psi, once you have that number multiply it by atmosheric pressure (15) plus your boost

Stock 5.0 make 225 horse...
225hp/15psi=15hp/psi
Say you run 5 lbs boost (15psi+5psi=20psi)
15hp/psi * 20psi = 300 horse
more boost (say 8 psi) (15psi+8psi=23psi)
15hp/psi * 23psi = 345 horse

I don't know how accurate this is but it should give you a good idea, it was either in a Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, or 5.0 Mustangs magazines, I think it was 4-5 months ago maybe

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
If you're running 12.9 as is, if you up the boost to 8 psi you should be 12.4-12.5. If the bottom end is stock or near stock, you should be able to handle 8 psi.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Only go to 8psi WITH a GOOD tune. If not your playing with fire.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i will go 8 psi, \
i know 302 +30=306
and 302 +40=307

but all the peoples around me said that is just a 306, there isn't a 307, so thats why i always say, that my is a 306,
so what should i said, when peoples ask me on what i had, is a 306 or 307? or it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
367 Posts
just say a 302 bored .40 over

sounds cooler lol

just think of it when your listing off your mods to someone who says, wow whats it got?

instead of, 306, cam, heads blah blah blah its...

302 bored 40 over, cam, heads, blah blah blah..

lol

R

·
0 Posts
so what should i said, when peoples ask me on what i had, is a 306 or 307? or it doesn't matter.
tell them the same i tell when asked about the 347

it's got a 302 with a little of this & a little of that....:D

Wanna run it......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
367 Posts
tell them the same i tell when asked about the 347

it's got a 302 with a little of this & a little of that....:D

Wanna run it......:bigthumbsup

lol only say that if your next to them on the street, or they have a decent runner lol

otherwise if they are just asking to know, and dont have anything to race tell them in complicated terms, makes it more badass!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I always tell em its stock and then laugh and walk away! Most people wouldnt know what you were talkin about anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.