Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm just curious about how much power can a stock block with 100k miles handle? When I'm done with my first round of mods I'm hoping to be pushing around 350 rwhp. After the second round... who knows. :scratchchin I just want to know about how much power I can put out before I need to buy a new block.

R

·
0 Posts
its not the block that will cause you problems...

the block can support 500 HP.....

but a motor with mileage high i recommend a rebuilt prior to any other mods....

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have stock internals with about 350 rwhp its hard to achieve the 350 mark on just motor . what is your first round of mods?

oh yea im rite at 100k miles:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First round I was thinking GT-40x heads, BBK intake, BBK equal length headers, BBK catted x pipe, MSD box, e303 cam, 70mm throttle body. Not sure where that would put me horsepower-wise.

Second round I would like to rebuild the engine, stroke to 331, bigger injectors, fuel pump, and throw on a turbo + plus a few other turbo related mods. That all relies on me getting a better job though. Here's to hoping. :happyhapp

R

·
0 Posts
Based on what you want to do......

i would just wait and do it all at the same time....

no need to the work twice

depend on the time between round 1& 2 you could do the top end....

but please look at a different cam something other than the outdated dinosaur

JMO

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What cams would you suggest?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
90% of the rodders I know use comp so I'll most likely go that route.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Comp Cams has you covered. For the power you're wanting to make, the stock block should suffice but if you get above 500 engine hp then you'll be pushing it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I d listen to Reggie and just rebuild the motor. I did mods to my high milege 93 cobra (135 K) at the time.....I got 455 on dyno jet.....blew head gaskets, rear main started to leak the list goes on........ been nothing but problems since...still pain in the rear end. Just rebuild it first you save TONS of money in the end......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a plan. It'll make things a lot easier down the road anyway. I'll just save up and do everything at once. May be a couple years but it sounds like it would be worth it. :headscratch:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.