Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got the saleen bumper, there is a dealer in town who sells saleen's, i figure there body shop is my best option. they say the have a guy there who is a mustang guy, he owns two, and he has installed 3 complete saleen body kits on 05's. so the quote is 600 and takes 2 days drop off on mon pick up on wed. good deal? they also say with satin silver, they might have to blend the colors on the fenders to get it to match bc it is a metallic paint.

what u guys think, 600 reasonable?

·
Registered
28 Posts
that sounds about right if they will be blending it into the fenders. At the bodyshop i work at he charges on avg. 350 per panel to paint it. now on a fender it will be a bit less because their smaller but you get the idea. i would check and make sure they will be using premium paints for charging a premium price, some of the cheaper paints are Omni (ppg) Nason (DuPont) and Crossfire (Martin Senour) while they arn't bad products I would want the better stuff. Also make sure they will be cutting and buffing the paint to remove and dirt nibs and excess texture.

You can get someone to paint it cheaper, shoot i've done a whole colorchange for 600 bucks, but thats because i needed something to do at home lol. anyhow a lower end shop could probably paint it for 300 with labor if you can live with the dirt specs and possible color mismatch. the prevous owner of my car had his whole bodykit painted for 300 bucks, but that doesnt include blending, and the result is if your picky the bumpers are a slightly warmer white than the rest of the car. And from personal experiance silver can be one of the toughest colors to match

If your handy with the wrench and have a 2nd helper you can replace the bumper yourself in about 30-40 minuites and save on labor, on the last mustang I did (99 or 00) if i remember right there where 2 or 3 plastic push in fasterners on the top, a couple 10mm bolts that sandwich the fender and bumper, and a row of push in fasterners on the bottom of the bumper as well as 1 screw in each corner to secure the wheel well liner. of course the 05 will probably be different but their all the same concept.

hope this helps ya

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
600 for paint and install isnt bad at all if he is a good painter and uses professional quality materials. i am planning on side window louvres and i expect to pay 100 or so for the prep and paint, and those are a lot smaller than a whole bumper. if he is a known painter and does good work and is familiar with the saleen parts and the 05, i would shell out the 600 to have it done right...:tongue

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS, it goes to the shop on the 2nd so i will let everyone see the pics by the 4th or 5th

later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts