Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It snowed here last night for the first time in the season (first season I've owned my stang, too) - and I got stuck :sosad: (even with traction control)

Unfortunately, getting an alternate vehicle for winter isn't an option.

I was wondering how much weight I should throw in the trunk to help with traction. Would a coupla sand tubes help all that much @ 75lbs per tube?

Im thinkin about getting winter tires, too - not quite sure what to get :dunce:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
load said:
It snowed here last night for the first time in the season (first season I've owned my stang, too) - and I got stuck :sosad: (even with traction control)

Unfortunately, getting an alternate vehicle for winter isn't an option.

I was wondering how much weight I should throw in the trunk to help with traction. Would a coupla sand tubes help all that much @ 75lbs per tube?

Im thinkin about getting winter tires, too - not quite sure what to get :dunce:
yeah, they'll help, but winter tires will help more.

Best bet is to get a package with steel wheels, or go to a salvage yard, pick up some steel wheels from a base 'stang, throw some winter tires on. and put your good rubber on in spring.

they have packages at www.tirerack.com and www.discounttiredirect.com/

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
2 years ago when I bought my stang I added 1 70 lb. sand bag and kept a full tank. Any more than that will sag the a** end down and look nasty. I was also worried about the added weight having long term effects on the rear suspension. BTW the day I bought my stang it snowed! I traded in a 96 4x4 Explorer for it! If you have the cash then get the winter tires for sure but the weight idea does help alot. You must always respect the stang in the snow. Godd luck...

·
Registered
8 Posts
see thats why i live in california where it doesnt snow..... but yea... srry i just felt like posting and i was bored....please dont hate me for sounding like an ass

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xx-cecil-xx said:
see thats why i live in california where it doesnt snow..... but yea... srry i just felt like posting and i was bored....please dont hate me for sounding like an ass
I want to get away from the snow as much as you like being far away from it, trust me :winks
Although, snow does make it really easy to do donuts - and it doesn't do anything to your tires!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i live in laramie wy the second day i was here it snowed i have a base 2000 v6 without tcs it does fine in the snow i would say get the sand if you want and i ve got falken zeix tires they are worn (from doing burnouts) but they still get plenty of grip plus try starting in third to use the gearing to get the tires moving slowly without spining them thats why youll get stuck

·
Registered
315 Posts
xx-cecil-xx said:
but those who live in colder area's like me keep engines a little bit cooler :tongue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.