Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much do you think my 05 mustang GT would be worth? It is a 4.6L v8 5 speed with 75,000 miles. I don't plan on selling it but if i was going to what would be a good price?
i am asking this because of a dispute between me and my friend, he said my car would only be worth around $11,000 but i am thinking it is worth more.

‪05 mustang GT‬‏ - YouTube

‪My 2005 mustang gt engine‬‏ - YouTube

·
Registered
786 Posts
trade in value it's probably worth around that maybe a little more.

retail it's probably in the 15-17 range.

private party about the same range as retail maybe a little more.

·
Registered
550 Posts
He's not far off but I'd have to agree with you and say a little higher. Add-ons don't add much to the "trade in value" but some people personally might pay a little more. You can typically go and buy a stock 05 GT around here for around 12k.

Nice ride btw :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
550 Posts
Oh from a dealership yes 17-18k. From a person or trade in I'd say 12k solid. So tell your friend if he was to go buy one he'd be paying 17-18k :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
306 Posts
Its worth what a person that wants it is willing to pay. Thats a cop out of sorts but you could have 20 people offer you 12k for it and then the 21st person just loves the car and gives you the 18k your asking. It just depends. Aftermarket stuff really does not add anything to the car, lots of people think it does but you have to find the right buyer that knows what they are looking at. I paid blue book value for my GO V6, the 4k worth of dealer add ons didnt matter one bit.
Thats a great looking Mustang for sure but I would not give more than 13k for it due to mileage. Lately I see vehicles with 100k or more going for 20K which is ridiculousness, engines may have come a long way but suspensions, drivetrains, and everything else take as much abuse as a 70s vehicle did. The truth is your driving a bic lighter, its not a home its disposable.
Lots of homes are around 100 years later, how many cars are?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow i got a good deal on this car when i got it last April at flood ford, 69,000 miles at the time and i payed a lot less then $16,000.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Check kbb.com for the trade in value, private party value, and retail values. They usually come pretty close. I also like to check carmax to see what they sell a similar equiped mustang for.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If you were to trade the car to a dealership, honestly you might not even get the 12 grand. They need to make a certain profit on the car and if they can't make their money they won't take the car. I would guess a trade would be right around $11-$12K.

Now if you were to sell it private, you could easily get around $13-$15K I would think. Some people don't mind higher miles. Some people don't consider 75,000 miles to be that high.

If you're talking what the dealships would be selling your car for, well then your friend is wrong. Not saying that you don't see deals from time to time, I got my 06 GT, wit 30xxx miles for $14,995, but usually they are over $17K even with higher miles. I've seen them as high as $20 $21 which I think is crazy!!!

I've attached a link for GT stangs in rhode island with at least 75K miles. The cheapest is $12.5 with 91K miles. The most expensive is $16.9 with 76K miles. :bigthumbsup

Used Ford Mustang Cars For Sale In Rhode Island - Yahoo! Autos

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Oh wow I missed the one on top going for $8500. There must be something wrong with that one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow that is a low price

Oh wow I missed the one on top going for $8500. There must be something wrong with that one.
ya idk what they where thinking putting that up $8500, and if that is the true price i am suppressed they haven't sold it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts