Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been looking at some parts for my car and i found this website that said they installed certain bolt-ons and then dyno'd the car and it said that the underdrive pulley's made 14 hp at the wheels and a hand held tuner site said that on a stock motor the sct tuner made 20+ hp and even more with other mods on the 93 octane tune....so my question is that if i add these 2 parts is it going to increase my hp about 30-40 at the wheels because i find this hard to believe but if so then im all for it...i just dont wanna spend 200 on pulley's and 400 on a tuner and then not get the results that they say...and do you think i would feel noticable gains from this....thanks for the input guys and gals

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I'd say more like 20 at the wheels.
I agree with about 15-20rwhp gain. Advertisements like that always tend to exaggerate a little bit. With tune, cai and exhaust i gained about 20rwhp.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I believe also that underdrive pulleys are only good for around 10HP more.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
You will feel a gain from them but when you dyno your car with these mods, don't expect a huge gain. I say 10-15rwhp that the above gents said.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so would i be better putting this money towards gear, or cams instead

·
Registered
914 Posts
just put money into anything that increases air intake and better exhaust out put

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
3.73s for sure! gears are the way to go!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Go with 3.73's and a tuner. like you have on your sig list in order:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input guys also should i def go with the 3.73 or just go for it and get the 4.10

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
thanks for the input guys also should i def go with the 3.73 or just go for it and get the 4.10
I would go with 4.10's if FI is not in your car's future:bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.