Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did eveyone get their first stang.??

Im 18 & Got my first stang when I turned 15

1990 Skyblue Mustang Hatchback LX 2.3L AODE With a flowmaster Haha

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Gonna be 34 sometime later this week, first Mustang was like 10 years ago (96 GT vert, black on black on black) but only had it for about a year. Got my sh!t together enough to get the one I have now in Feb '07, and just paid it off earlier this month.

·
Registered
478 Posts
im 18 as well i got my first gt when i was 16 it was a 98 gt vert bone stock with 46k miles still had its original tires rims and everything else i loved that car and to this day i still think it was my best:) i ended up giving it to my dad but he ran into some issues with money so we had to sell her:mesad: but i still love my current gt

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im 18 as well. also got my first stang when i was 15

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
37, and got my first Mustang 22 years ago.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Be 22 in Aug. got my first when I was 19 84 4 eye hatch project till I sold it to get my current 98 GT in July of 2009!

·
Registered
31 Posts
31 years old here. I got my first mustang when I was 20, an 88 gt and I have also owned an 80 Capri and an 03 GT auto.

My 04 GT is absolutely the best one I've owned and the only one I bought new.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm 22 now, and bought my current (first and only) Mustang in November 2008.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am currently 19 years old. I got my first mustang when I was 16 years old.

A white 2000 V6 automatic mustang!:gringreen I sold her to get my GT.

then i got my 03 gt when I turned 18 years old.

then my 03 mach 1 when I turned 19 years old as a "pick me up" when my dad passed away...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im 18 as well. also got my first stang when i was 15
Guess that makes.3 im 18 1st when I was 15 It was a 1986 lx vert red with two black stripes my parents didnt think it was "reliable" so I was forced to sell and ended up buying a 1989 gt convertible white and black. Then my dad ended up buying a 2002 v6 mustang also white and gave it to me so I sold my fox used it to fix up the v6 traded her for a 2003 v6 mineral gray bone stock then I really wanted a v8 again so I sold and now I have a 2002 mustang gt satin silver 5 speed with just a k&n drop in so far

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Almost 33 and got my first stang when i was 17.. But i've had a stang non stop since I was 20.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Going on 64 and I bought this 2000 GT in Jan. When I was 20, I bought a new 69 Torino CobraJet 428, then the kids started coming so that put the kabosh on hot cars (and also the gas crunch). This Gt is my way of getting back into pony cars cause I'm still addicted to horsepower. My next GT will definately be a new 5.0. I love these cars, there may be much faster ones out there but non have more smiles per mile.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
20 here, bought my mustang stock at 16 for $9,500. Check the profile to see where it's at now:kooky:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just turned 60 (and a minor miracle at that). Bought my first Mustang, a 2004 GT used in 2007.
I gave my car (a Pontiac) at that time to my son who needed a car to go to school and had to decide what car I wanted to buy. In my teenage years I was surrounded by Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, GTO's, etc. But I was one of those guys who had an A/H Sprite or a Triumph Spitfire (which I raced at Laguna Seca) or a very modded '72 Alfa Romeo GTV (which almost killed me in a late night road race), and more road racing motorcycles than I can remember.
But deep in my heart I always wanted to have a V8 Mustang with a 5 speed.
So I bought one. Got the '04 with low miles because I just preferred the body style for some reason.
I am now a very happy 60 year old.

PS: Have you noticed that most of the new GT500's around town
are driven by guys in their 70's?
16 or 60, 17 or 70, we're all the same when it comes to
Mustangs!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I'm 43 on Friday July 1 st Canadas Bday too.Got my 07 GT last Sept. Living it:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was 17 when I got my 1996 Mustang GT. This was my brothers first mustang but he just could not part with it so he handed it to me. It was stock when I got it and now it is far from it.:gringreen the best part is that now me and my brother both have a mustang GT, granted his is a 2004 and his is faster it only motivates me to make my mustang faster :laugh:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am 43. I got my first mustang when at 24 (the one in avatar) and still own it. Last year in Feb I bought an 02 gt conv all stock and put a kenne bell on it this spring. Can't decide whether to put an exhaust on the 02 or leave it quiet and stealthy.

·
Registered
727 Posts
37 here. Got my first Mustang, a 1984 Fox when I was 20 and became "hooked" up on Mustangs ever since. I had to sell it back in 1998 when I left the country for 2 years, and always wanted to get another one, but for one reason or another I didn´t.

Last year I ordered a 2010 Mustang as my company car, and then, without really looking to buy I came accross my 03 GT, which is like brand new, and had to buy it...

I´m on the search for an old Fox, and someday I also want a 69...

·
Registered
342 Posts
24 here, just bought mine 3 months ago. Pretty much a stock 02 GT 5-spd except exhaust and a new Steeda shifter handle / knob (much better looking). 4.10's and tires are next.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts