Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this is kind of theoretical and hypothetical and everything, but...how smart is the computer chip in our '05 Stangers? For instance, if the car was at sea level and then drove to a higher elevation, would the chip be able to sense/read less O2 and mix less fuel accordingly? Or maybe closer to home...can the chip somehow read or know when a new exhaust system (like, uh, the JBA Evol on a V6) is installed? Is it collecting data as we drive, and then processing it and even making adjustments accordingly? I'm a newbie geek on this car tech stuff...thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yup, its that smart. :worship

Jeff

·
Registered
150 Posts
Smart and powerful

The chip in your car is so powerful and smart it can buy a round of drinks in Denver for a bunch of bikers just pulling into the Last Chance Bar in Billings while warning you that it's slippery underfoot while turning on the cooler on your boat, parked in your garage so you can head out to your favorite fishing spot which your mustang has been chumming with small minnows while it was NOT allowing you to put in gas rapidly so you could check out the girl in the thong bikini yelling at her boyfriend on the phone because he isn't going to the beach...and she should find the first guy she sees...and see if HE cares about her...and dials your house and tells your girl....you have to work late.

Yep....it's amazing!

·
Registered
305 Posts
:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck:evilchuck............

·
Registered
26 Posts
zregime said:
OK, I know this is kind of theoretical and hypothetical and everything, but...how smart is the computer chip in our '05 Stangers? For instance, if the car was at sea level and then drove to a higher elevation, would the chip be able to sense/read less O2 and mix less fuel accordingly? Or maybe closer to home...can the chip somehow read or know when a new exhaust system (like, uh, the JBA Evol on a V6) is installed? Is it collecting data as we drive, and then processing it and even making adjustments accordingly? I'm a newbie geek on this car tech stuff...thanks in advance for any info.
Yes. Heck the computers 10-15 yrs ago could do that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RJ, that is one freaky-deak post...and funny as hell to boot...

1) I went to college in C Springs and spent many a roaring weekend in Denver...that town was the SH--, man!

2) I grew up in Montana (Great Falls) and also spent a ton of time in Bill-rock...Billings...but have not had the honor of making it to the Last Chance Saloon -- is there such a place?

3) And two of my bruddahs live in the Twin Cities.

You covered all bases with that one, my friend...even got the thong!

And thanks for the info too...

**** Rapids rules!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts