Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How soon did you guys start to mod your Mustangs after purchase?

6K views 69 replies 40 participants last post by  05_V6_badas 
#1 ·
I've had my 08 GT Auto 32 days now and have done the following:
Homelink Mirror
CDC Detail Corral
CDC Sequentials
Ford Fusion Key
Steeda Hood Struts
MGW E-brake and Door Pins
MWAG Shock Tower Covers
MWAG Radiator Extensions
MWAG Mirror Covers
"Bullitt" Steering Wheel
Black A/C Vents
08' Accessory Cargo Mat
Trunk Release Button
Pioneer AVIC D-3 w/Bluetooth&Ipod
Spydershaft
Line Locks(not completly installed yet)
Bassani X-pipe
Bassani SS Axlebacks
Steeda Ultra Lite Springs
Total $4434:eek:

Maybe I should whoa up a little

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome to AFM :)
how did you do the trunk release?
who's line lock kit?
Fusion key?

I had the Sonic blue stripes on my the weekend after I brought it home :) 5500 miles and its Saleen S/C :) running the 1/4 in the high 11's....fun car!

#5 · (Edited)
With respect to attempting to answer the question you posted, you will undoubtedly find various and divergent opinions regarding when and what modifications you might wish to/should consider beyond those you have already made to your vehicle.

In that regard, I too recently purchased a 2008 Mustang GT coupe, albeit with a 5 speed manual transmission and limited slip differential with 3.55 gears (shortly to be modified). In case you have any interest, the list of modifications that I have made to date is listed under my profile (which has not yet been updated to show the addition of several more modifications, including the substituting of Powerslot Cryo rotors front and rear for the rotors listed).

I refer to my vehicle for one reason alone, and that is for you (as I did) to answer the following basic questions before deciding upon any modifications whatsoever: (1) why exactly did I buy this vehicle (e.g., to "look good", inside and out); (2) how do I intend to use this vehicle (e.g., strictly for "street" driving or also for some form of "performance" useage); (3) how long do I intend to keep this vehicle (which will - or should - impact any "cost-benefit analysis you perform regarding any prospective modifications); (4) will any of the modifications I am considering impact my vehicle warranty adversely and, if so, is that/how much of a consideration is that in my decision-making (financially and/or otherwise).

These are some preliminary thoughts: others may have different thoughts, which I would strongly uge you to at least consider before rejecting them (for whatever reason). Of course, ultimately you must make your OWN decision based on an honest appraisal of YOUR circumstances, not those of others with whom you are not familiar (whether they purport to fully disclose the same to you or not).

#6 ·
Good for you! I wish I had $4k to drop on mods! The wife and I have the agreement that I get a grand a year to spend, so I usually do an upgrade in the spring. I got the car in spring 2005, in 2006 I did the CAI and tune, and this spring I did shocks and springs. I'm thinking about underdrive pullies and axle backs this spring. Finances pending, of course!

#7 ·
Welcome to AFM...you'll find this is a great site. I had my Roush spoiler put on within 48 hrs of picking it up....I'm no where close to having $4500 in mods yet! I'm working on it though! :D

#10 ·
Could you tell me more about these?:

Homelink Mirror
CDC Detail Corral
Ford Fusion Key
Trunk Release Button
Spydershaft
Line Locks(not completly installed yet)

#13 ·
alright, homelink mirror is a auto-dimming mirror that has a garage door opener wired into it

CDC detail corral are cleaning supplies

ford fusion key, is a ford fusion key, it looks sweet, no seperate fob, its all 1 big key

spydershaft is a 1 piece drive shaft as opposed to a 2 piece that comes stock. it reduces weight and the amount of forced due to the fact it loses less power inbetween the links.

#11 ·
i don't know about any of you other guys, but i LOVEEEEE the fusion key. I don't know what about it, but its just plain sweet. And there is a nice feeling associated with having a big freeking key to start you big bad mustang :D

#12 ·
As soon as I bought it.
If your married or have a girlfriend she will hate you very soon.

#14 ·
Took me less than 3 weeks. These cars have such potential performance wise and appearance wise to turn more heads than some exotics.

#16 ·
lol I never heard anyone talk about the Fusion key....now the trunk release would be cool...probably a Fusion thingy also???

#17 ·
I think I waited about a month before I got the window louvers. Within 6 months, I got real hot and heavy and haven't looked back since. I'm probably over $10K by now with P/L. Glad I did much of this crap myself. No telling how much it would have been otherwise. :happydance:

I'm not sure if this is the same trunk release button the OP has, but I found this a while a go but never got around to doing it.

Trunk Release Button

Does that Fusion key have the clicker on it? I saw something like that on a friend's 300C. It actually wasn't big at all; not much bigger than a regular key. That would be kinda cool to have.

#21 ·
my dad has a Mercedes E Class wagon and HOLY CRAP! is that key huge! its the fob and key all in one but the key isn't a normal key its like laser encoded or something cant really explain it but its not a forged key like you would see on a stang

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic STL :worship dont ban me :hihi:

#22 ·
my dad has a Mercedes E Class wagon and HOLY CRAP! is that key huge! its the fob and key all in one but the key isn't a normal key its like laser encoded or something cant really explain it but its not a forged key like you would see on a stang

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic STL :worship dont ban me :hihi:
It's ok... I think key fobs fit right into this discussion. :gringreen

#30 ·
First mod on the 06 Redfire GT (gone now) was Flowmaster AT's, a few weeks after getting the car. From there it was all downhill, investing over 10K within a year of getting her. WOW :shocked: After settling down on the Redfire, I began on the wifes GT Vert, but not as quickly, a little here and there. So much fun.... :happydance:

#31 ·
MickMach, like your stripes. Plan on doing similar to the wifes Vert this coming spring. Diff will be color (white) but I'll be adding another little strip off the sides, making 3 stripes including the main wide one in the middle. the pic of the lime green Boss 302 that was posted on the main page of AFM some time back is the look I'm what I'm going for.

Anyway, good looking stripes. :thumbup:

#32 ·
First Mod was 10" Vinyl stripes about 2 weeks after I got it(since been removed)

3-weeks = New 18" GT500 style chrome rims & BF Goodrich GForce KDW tires

Then a C&L CAI and XCal-2 Tuner

Manifold Cover

Then Cervini Body kit & side exhaust, painted stripes.

Locking Gas Cap (F-150 cap)

Then In-Dash DVD player

Next:
Saleen S/C

#34 ·
I bought mine from Lethal Perfomance; It is the Granatelli Kit. What I paid ($225) seems overpriced for what all you get with the kit. I think someone could duplicate it for around 100-150 themselves. The thing I liked most about it though, was it mounts all in one spot out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.