Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my friend blew his motor at the drag strip. granted he was running a 100,000+ four cylinder but it got me thinking. Should I be worried about my 4.6L in my 06? I run my car at the track about every two weeks on Saturday I usually get about 8 runs in a day. To all other S197 owners how often do you run at the track and has anything broken on you?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have run 20 times with a CAI and tune and 4 times with the Saleen blower. While the thought of engine failure is unpleasant its still there but alot of people have 450rwhp and are goin into their 3rd or 4th year with said combo. So far the only thing I broke was the bank with way too much money spent on my baby. LOL But in the end worth it as I still get a warm fuzzy when I drive her. With your combo I say race it and race it hard.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Unless you are spraying or have a blower/turbo, no need to worry about your block. The 4.6 is a tough motor that can take a ton of abuse. Its the other parts such as the transmission that might break after time however they are going to be parts you would need to replace anyway. The block itself will be fine. If you feel like being extra cautious, grab yourself an oil separator so you can keep the internals a little cleaner.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If your all stock it can be a bit stressful, not necessarily on the block but almost everything else. Especially at 8 passes 2 days a month, I really hope your trying to dial it in, but if your just out there having fun I would recommend doing a few upgrades that can tolerate a bit more frequent abuse. Just to help prevent you being like team 4 cylinder:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your all stock it can be a bit stressful, not necessarily on the block but almost everything else. Especially at 8 passes 2 days a month, I really hope your trying to dial it in, but if your just out there having fun I would recommend doing a few upgrades that can tolerate a bit more frequent abuse. Just to help prevent you being like team 4 cylinder:bigthumbsup
Well its not two days a month for the whole year just the summer season being that I live in Illinois and cant go to the strip most of the year. What kind of upgrades would you suggest? Im only running 304 hp and 322 tq to the wheels so its not really stressing anything that much is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.