Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how strong a 7.5 trac-lok diff. is? I have heard the most they can take is 350 HP then other guys say it can handdle 400HP just fine, then some people tell me it can even take 450HP MAX!!!! wow.... but i dont know if these ratings are at the engine or if they mean RWHP??? I want to know the truth....is there any site that shows actual proof? or from personal experience?

·
Registered
229 Posts
i have always heard 400 max at the crank from guys at the track, unless you like frequently replacing them. any more than that and IMO i would upgrade. but my v6 most likely will never even touch that power so im not worried :heha:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what kind of power does that translate to the wheels? 350 basically? And that is at safe levels or are you pushing it at that much HP?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The frpp t-lol will break easily with stock power.

Go with a Detroit tru-trac and you can go up as high as you want for hp. Other things will break before the tru-trac. I'm running hardened 28 spline moser axles, Detroit tru-trac and Ill be putting a TA girdle on for increased rigity

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
ask shinerstang that question i believe his son is still using his 7.5 rearend
they both were using 7.5 rears for a while i think shiner has since upgraded but still they can handle quite a bit of power

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
ask shinerstang that question i believe his son is still using his 7.5 rearend
Not in this lifetime...... He is still using stock axles, but not a 7.5. Anything over 300rwhp should be thinking about swapping to an 8.8, or at least have a contingency plan in place when it does break......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.