Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe i should of got an evo j/k but im sick of seeing them torch mustangs what do you have to do mod wise to beat them?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Get a motor built by Livernois for around 800 HP. Then burn him down at the track

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nah All you would need is gears, like 3.73's, full exhaust, headers and cold air intake, and maybe rollerrockers, that should be more than enough to beat a stock or mildly modded evo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My friend mike beat a sti in his 89' 5.0 and all he has is 3.73 gears, exhaust, and .030 over, besides that its stock, he beat the sti by a car and a half

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I wasn't talking about just beating him, I was talking about spanking the sh** out of him :hihi:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
if you just want to beat him press the gas, if you want to spank the sh** out of him Nitrous.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
from a dig, roll, or at the track? I know evo's and sti's have smart launching capabilities from a dig, and they are 4 wheel drive. They can run about 12.9 with a good driver!

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
EVO's aren't all that hard to beat. get some gears and sticky tires on the back and you can launch on em very hard. they don't have near the top end grunt that the Mustangs do. and you wont see an EVO hard launching all the time. those 4k rpm dumps are a w(b)itch on the axles and transfer cases. but, get em on the dirt or ice and they will eat your lunch every time.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The easiest way to beat ANY car is to fill their gas tank up with sand before the race. :bigthumbsup

:hihi:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well, if were talking a straight line, its not that hard. At Irwindale 1/8th mile they will run between a 8.4 to an 8.6 in the 1/8th.

Here is how you can beat one.....its the second race on the video. Also don't turn up the sound, its crappy.

Dean's Kenne Bell Mustang--101.97mph in the 1/8th - Video

The evo here turned an 8.37, but still didn't have a chance

·
Registered
10,876 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
lol u guys act like evo's r lil rice burners when there bout 5 that run around tulsa with 600awhp yea they go straight not to mention weigh less.. evos r monsters unless u have a 9 second mustang good luck lol or just get a 04 cobra and spank dat ass

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, there is 5 in Los Angeles to---a whole 5. For every EVO with 600 hp I can show you 15 mustangs.

We OWN them at the track---and we own alot of Cobras to because of the IRS. The faster cobras go to a solid rear axle.

And as the video shows, you don't need anything close to a 9 second mustang......LOL.....high 10s is enough to own 99% of the evos out there. But straight is not where they shine, its on the road course.

AWD is so overrated for DRAG RACING......how many EVOS do you know can 60' in the 1.4X's.. .....

·
Registered
240 Posts
lol u guys act like evo's r lil rice burners when there bout 5 that run around tulsa with 600awhp yea they go straight not to mention weigh less.. evos r monsters unless u have a 9 second mustang good luck lol or just get a 04 cobra and spank dat ass
c'mon, 600 AWHP...it would take a lot to beat a 600 RWHP Cobra also. It's not really the Evo that you should be afraid of, its what has been done to it. With similar mods, it could still be a driver's race. thay are not as unbeatable as the general rice promoting media would have you believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.