Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 has seen little rain but while waiting for a cover it has been exposed to several days of it. I'd like to keep the weatherstrip in good condition- what do you recommend I use for it?

Is Mother's Back to Black appropriate?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Do your mean the rubber or the plastic trim moulding? Silicone spray for the rubber parts.
I use Turtle wax ice for the plastic areas.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
hey i`m a old michigander, listening to the game right now,,go wings!!

i like meguiar`s professional vinyl and rubber cleaner conditioner. works great on all the plastic interior,dash, panels, console ect., weather strips, mirrors,( rockers on the v6), works really great for the tires, and all the plastic parts and rubber hoses under the hood too. i use it on the rear seat and the meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner they make on the frt seats,armrest, wheelcover, ect. :)

·
Registered
41,828 Posts
My '06 has seen little rain but while waiting for a cover it has been exposed to several days of it. I'd like to keep the weatherstrip in good condition- what do you recommend I use for it?

Is Mother's Back to Black appropriate?
I am sure that is fine. You just do not want to use something that may dry out you weatherstripping. To be honest I really do not use anything on mine. I just keep it clean and it looks great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i would go to parts store and get a can of silicone comes with a lid that unscrews and there is a thick wire with a ball of cloth that you just dip and then rub it alover your door seals repells water and keeps them real soft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.