Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2014 Mustang has V6 pony package with 18 inch polished Aluminium wheels. In few months polished shining of wheels are going away and oxidised. How can I prevent this?

Please give me some tips how to keep wheels shinning and polished. What kind of polish or cleaner is good for cleaning?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
With my machined/painted wheels I put multiple coats of Turtle Ice on them (inside & outside) yearly when I rotate the tires. I find this makes them easy to clean and keeps them protected.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
My new 2014 Mustang has V6 pony package with 18 inch polished Aluminium wheels. In few months polished shining of wheels are going away and oxidised. How can I prevent this?

Please give me some tips how to keep wheels shinning and polished. What kind of polish or cleaner is good for cleaning?
Those wheels are clear coated so the polished finish won't oxidize, you just clean them like the paint on the car and wax them that way too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i also have the polished Pony Package wheels. I use Turtle Wax Ice Detailer to clean them if not too dirty. A waterless cleaner and a damp microfiber cloth works great to remove dirt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts