Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title indicates that I have the engine code p0357. So I'm misfiring, the coil is good, and I don't know how to fix it. Or at least how to go about fixing it. I know the connector does not LOCK onto the coil, so could that cause it? But if I push the harness on the coil all the way down (it doesn't seem to be loose to begin with) the misfiring does not stop all the time, it doesn't appear to be responsive the the harness being pushed in. But the misfiring is intermittent. Can anyone help? Btw its a 95 v6 with a 2000 engine swapped in. So its basically a 96 gt with the pi swap

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Here's some info on P0357.... DTC P0357 Ignition Coil G Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

Regarding the snap lock thingy on the connector, I have a few that are also broken. Use a small zip-tie, run through the connector and loop around the fuel rail, that will keep it in place. And yes, according to the info in the above link that is one of the possibilities. However I have a feeling that since this is not the "normal" P0307 misfire dtc that further diagnosis effort will be required, as described in the link.

Also it is always a good idea to be sure that the charging system (battery, alternator and related connections) are good prior to doing anything else. You might be surprised just how crucial a properly operating charging system is on modern cars, and how much trouble can be caused by even the slightest of deficiencies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts