Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best product and method to keep wheel wells looking show ready?:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
i use tire gel. im sure mothers back to black would be another good option. it does take some time to do this tho cuz the tires in the way

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I wipe mine down with a rag, then apply tireshine. It works great for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I use a product called Adams Undercarriage spray. That stuff works and smells great. Try it you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I would spray some degreaser or cleaner in there then pressure wash it really well first. Then go for the armor all or back to black stuff. Tire shine will also work well but could be messy.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am also happy using tire shine, but make sure you wipe the sheen off with a cloth. I works well for any rubber material.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spray Black Magic in wheel will stay clean for awhile

G

·
I use a brush I got from autozone - another member suggested a toilet brush (to get on the inside.... or use your hands if they aren't too big to fit)....

For the outside, I use my instant detailer....

I purchased a new product I haven't used for dressing the tires... so I can't recommend anything there! :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
just lower the mustang and you wont even see it

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I wipe mine down with a rag, then apply tireshine. It works great for me.
Hey Dave , do you ever really drive that thing anywhere, those look really clean to me :gringreen

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I use a product called Adams Undercarriage spray. That stuff works and smells great. Try it you will not be sorry.
Hey Jim mind giving us a few more details about this product?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hey Dave , do you ever really drive that thing anywhere, those look really clean to me :gringreen
I do about 3K miles a year, mostly to shows or cruise in's. It never sees rain, which is the biggest culprit in making the suspension and wheel wells dirty. I pull the wheels twice a year to clean and detail the suspension and the backside of the wheels.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm glad someone posted this thread because I was wondering the same thing. My wheel wells are disgusting, especially the water guards. I tried taking a pressure washer to them, but it didn't help. I think I might pull the wheel, spray then with some kind of degreaser, pressure wash with more pressure, and then scrub until my hands fall off.

That should do the trick. :so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.