Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 5.0 egr delete plate. I guess I have to modify the holes but my question is, How do I do this? Bolt the plate on the plenum? Then what? Take off the pipe and cap off the other end? What about the plug? Please help.:headscratch:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
For my 95GT, tookt he EGR off and bolted the plate to the intake and bought a cap that would cap off the part on the header.
some you can buy and you just put it in between the egr and intake and leave everything there, but the hot air is blocked off.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the purpose of doing it? Do you notice anything different?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Whats the purpose of doing it? Do you notice anything different?
Okay, the purpose of the egr (Exhuast Gas Recirculation) is to reintroduce small amounts of exhaust back into the combustion cycle. It generally reduces the amount of nitrogen oxides by a) warming up the the intake and b) by lowering the oxygen:fuel ratio.

It also helps the engine warm up to operating temp faster, but after it's at that temp it is definately not helping becuase we all know that cold air is better; that's why you put that entire CAI on. It should improve the power of the vehicle at operating temp, especially if you live in a warm climate.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, the purpose of the egr (Exhuast Gas Recirculation) is to reintroduce small amounts of exhaust back into the combustion cycle. It generally reduces the amount of nitrogen oxides by a) warming up the the intake and b) by lowering the oxygen:fuel ratio.

It also helps the engine warm up to operating temp faster, but after it's at that temp it is definately not helping becuase we all know that cold air is better; that's why you put that entire CAI on. It should improve the power of the vehicle at operating temp, especially if you live in a warm climate.:bigthumbsup
Florida. Hot enough?:D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
:hihi: lol! Yeah, I think that should do!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do I do with the vacuum hose going to the egr? Plug it off?

·
Registered
164 Posts
where does one get that fancy little part???

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where does one get that fancy little part???
What fancy little part? If you mean the EGR delete plate, I got a 4.6l delete plate and modified it for the 2.3l. All I did was drill the new bottom hole. Use the gasket as a template.:gringreen

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What color gasket sealant do I use for the EGR delete plate? After a few minutes it eats away at the black. Is there a place I can find another metal gasket for it? Ford maybe?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do I have to reset the computer after doing it? The check engine light is on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will it be ok? The light won't bother me, i'm always under the hood so if somethings wrong i'll find it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i cut out a piece of steel in the oval shape of the manifold, drilled two holes, then bought some gasket material and cut to match. then bolt it right up

·
Registered
563 Posts
just go to your local parts store or even wal-mart and by some "do it yourself" gasket material. and call it that. and as for the check engine light its gonna say on because as said before you've unhooked the EGR.
and i dont know what you did with the pipe coming from the manifold but i just cut mine off about 3 inches up took it to the vice and bent it over and clamped it shut tight. instead of trying to find a blug to match the threads in the manifold.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just go to your local parts store or even wal-mart and by some "do it yourself" gasket material. and call it that. and as for the check engine light its gonna say on because as said before you've unhooked the EGR.
and i dont know what you did with the pipe coming from the manifold but i just cut mine off about 3 inches up took it to the vice and bent it over and clamped it shut tight. instead of trying to find a blug to match the threads in the manifold.

Do you have pictures please. I took it all off. Should I put it back together with the plate on cause now it don't want to stay running after it starts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.