Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this the correct location for this, i tried searching but am not sure how to exactly search for this situation.

I have found that Sync has no way of exiting out of lists when exploring a USB stick full of music. For example - if you are listing to a song and think "Maybe i will change it, i wonder what else i have" then you navigate to your USB list filled with artists and browse around a bit but then think "Nevermind, I'll what i have on". At this point i have not found a way to just exit out of the file tree and just go back to it displaying the current song and default music screen.. It usually just stays on the artists list until the song changes and then it goes back to normal.

Is there a way to, like, push a button and it cancel out of all that and go right back to the normal display screen ?

What do you guys do in this situation ?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I too hate this with a passion. I don't think there is a way, but cycling power isn't that big of a deal if you really need to have that info on the screen like right now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have my mustang yet and don't know what year/model you have.

So warning: These are assumptions. I'm just trying to help. I'm assuming that you have a later model with voice activated navigation. I'm thinking that maybe if you press the Media button it may take you back to the screen, but this might also cycle your media input (Ex. USB to radio). If it does then you could also try pressing the Menu key and then the Media key which should cycle you to the main screen and then to your media again without interrupting your music.

If neither of those two options don't work then I apologize for wasting your time. I wish I could help further. Best of luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a premium 2012 v6, no nav.

I can switch my media to like, AM/FM and then back to AUX and it will jump out... It just bothers me to look at on the screen for 4 minutes, especially if i wanna change songs..

Once you get into looking for a new artist and then decide "Naw, i'll just skip this track" you can't, you have to wait until the song is over, or cycle out of AUX and then back in and then skip the track.

I feel like this is a huge glitch in 'hands free' safety of the system, there needs to be an 'exit' button, but there isn't!

·
Registered
343 Posts
hit the menu button. scroll 2 clicks to the left to "exit menu" and hit ok/play/pause button.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I don't know of a way to do it with a voice command, but to do it manually:

1. While browsing, press the MENU button on the center console radio controls. This should return you to either the Media Menu or Play Menu (or possibly something else, depending on what you were browsing: I only browse by Artists or albums).

2. Use the Previous/Next buttons on the steering wheel to scroll until you find Exit Media Menu. The Previous button is faster because it should be only one or two clicks away.

3. Press OK on the steering wheel. Done.

This works with my iPhone connected via USB; I presume a USB thumb drive would work the same way.

EDIT: I see that OracleHCR beat me to it while I was dividing my time between typing my reply and watching the Olympics. ;)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
UPDATE: Studying the SYNC user's manual last night revealed no "official" way to use a voice command, but did lead me to a workaround that does the trick.

1. When you're finished browsing, press the VOICE button on the steering wheel.
2. When the system prompts with "USB," say "USB."
3. When the system again prompts with "USB," say nothing. Since you're already playing back via USB, the display will reset and the current track will continue.

While this may seem a bit wacky, I tested it on the drive to work this morning and it works every time, no matter how you're browsing (Albums, Artists, Tracks, etc). The only slight downside is that the music will be muted while you carry out this procedure. But it is very simple, fairly quick, and allows you to keep both hands on the wheel. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good stuff guys, I am going to test this out this weekend!

I was really hoping i could have just pressed the 'hang up' button to exit out, hoping it would double as an exit when 'Phone' is not in use, but it just toggles you over to phone mode instead lol

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Once you get into looking for a new artist and then decide "Naw, i'll just skip this track" you can't, you have to wait until the song is over, or cycle out of AUX and then back in and then skip the track.
I forgot to say earlier ... this one, at least, is easy. Just press the VOICE button and at the USB prompt say "Next track" to skip to whatever is the next track in the current sequence, or say "Play track <name_of_song>" to play a specific song. Either way, you'll be dumped out of the browse lists and the song's artist and title will be displayed.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

1. While browsing, press the MENU button on the center console radio controls. This should return you to either the Media Menu or Play Menu (or possibly something else, depending on what you were browsing: I only browse by Artists or albums).

2. Use the Previous/Next buttons on the steering wheel to scroll until you find Exit Media Menu. The Previous button is faster because it should be only one or two clicks away.

3. Press OK on the steering wheel. Done.

This works with my iPhone connected via USB; I presume a USB thumb drive would work the same way.

EDIT: I see that OracleHCR beat me to it while I was dividing my time between typing my reply and watching the Olympics. ;)
hit the menu button. scroll 2 clicks to the left to "exit menu" and hit ok/play/pause button.
That's some distracted driving right there.angrybird.gif

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That's some distracted driving right there.
After you press the MENU button, which is no different than reaching over to adjust the fan speed or turn off a heated seat, everything else is done on the steering wheel, and that part is no different than browsing the lists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts