Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another possibility if your power seat quits working is the plastic gears losing teeth. That happened to me. I'd recommend testing the motors before disassembling to do the above motor repair. I hooked up a cordless drill to teh drive cables and found teh gears were locked up. Opened up teh gear case and found two teeth broken off. Replaced with "Kit - Fixing Parts" Part number er3z78617d66a from Varsity Ford. Cost about $30 shipped. Most other Ford parts places showed it out of stock/discontinued, so if you need these might be good to hurry.
View attachment 777921
Do these gears control the fore/aft tilt and height adjustment of the seat? My daughter's '12 V6 Mustang just recently began making clicking noises when trying to adjust the height and tilt of the driver's seat with no movement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, they are moving with the rotor and avoid him to turn correctly. When they are down, you can see that there is only 2cm² of glue between armature and magnets on the factory assembly. Not enough glue + vibrations and you have the result. As said, I'm pretty sure the replacement parts from Ford are the same and for you in north America, your cars are not under warranty anymore and the best to save money is to open it and fix it yourself. 5h for 2 seats, this is good for a rainy WE happy.gif
Hi,
hope you still follow. Do I have to dissamble the whole mount with seat belts like you did?
Cant I just remove the 3 motor assembly?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts