Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start on a project car and get about 1,500 HP towards the end. This will be project that would get one part every once in a while. What would be a good engine to start with? and a body? I was thinking about a fox chassis with a 351,if possible, but I dunno if I could get that hp out of it. Any suggestions?

·
0 Posts
Asobu said:
I want to start on a project car and get about 1,500 HP towards the end. This will be project that would get one part every once in a while. What would be a good engine to start with? and a body? I was thinking about a fox chassis with a 351,if possible, but I dunno if I could get that hp out of it. Any suggestions?
Yeah, find a sponsor. Seriously though good luck getting that much power let us know what you do go with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, sorry I don't know what I was thinking... I meant 500 hp or upwards to 600 sorry about that... long day

·
Registered
736 Posts
Are you looking to make 500-600hp naturally aspirated, or with a blower, turbo, nitrous? With each one, there are little things that make the difference to make lots of horsepower.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was thinking of making it to where you could not tell what was under the hood by exterior looks, if that is possible for this amount of HP. What would be the most possible setup for this? I guess a better question would be what engine block would be the best to start out with. Can a 302 be stroked out to a 351 and still have the strength for a blower?

·
Registered
716 Posts
You’ll need to have a forced induction stroker if you want any kind of longevity with that. A stroked 302 will work but a stroked 351 would make it easier.

The lightest mustang would be a notch back.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There is no way to really make a reliable (key word) 5.0L put out that much power. You basically would have to turbo or supercharge it, and either way the blocks seem to crack around 500 hp... Personally I plan to turbo my Stang, but once I decide to up the anty over 450 hp, I will get an A4 block or something, because the last thing I need is to crack a perfectly good block. Thats really expensive though. I would either go with a 351 or a stroked 351 with a little boost, youd be there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is what I was afraid of. I was thinking about building the whole thing part by part rather than buying a crate engine. Will the 351 fit in the notch back? and what would be a good engine block to start off on, a pretty good one and light, if possible

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.