Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a big question on my mind is how to get rid of the ford 115, give or take a mph govenor on the v6. I have been told it will cost just under a grand and I have to take it to a specialty shop. Any help would be nice.:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
So a big question on my mind is how to get rid of the ford 115, give or take a mph govenor on the v6. I have been told it will cost just under a grand and I have to take it to a specialty shop. Any help would be nice.:)
buy a tuner and tunes and they can take it off

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tune, the end. unless of course your prepaired to buy a new driveshaft i'd advise not to do that until you have a new ds ready to buy or put on before.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tune, the end. unless of course your prepaired to buy a new driveshaft i'd advise not to do that until you have a new ds ready to buy or put on before.
i dont have an aluminum drive shaft and i have it tuned and 3.73 gears and have had no problem with my stock DS and i have been 150+

·
Registered
696 Posts
Vote his or her ass out! J/K. Tuner coupled with better tires and driveshaft if you plan to go much beyond the current 113ish mph.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
they limit it at 116 because

1.) The V6 doesn't have tires rated for speeds much over
2.) The stock drive shaft snaps in half at around 130
3.) The v6 suspension isn't as good as the GT, BOSS, or shelby

Now to remove the limiter, it will only cost you around $400, the cost of a tuner, and some tunes. To do it safely you will atleast need to upgrade the drive shaft, so it doesn't jam up your ass, and yell "Surprise Butt sex"

and after you get the drive shaft, i highly suggest upgrading to Z rated tires and better suspension.

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Driveshaft Fails At 135mph - YouTube
2011 Mustang V6 Drive Shaft Snaps - YouTube

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I see I see lol that's not going to be messed with till I upgrade more stuff lol thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
i dont have an aluminum drive shaft and i have it tuned and 3.73 gears and have had no problem with my stock DS and i have been 150+
doing 150+ on a open stretch of road is in my opinion dumb without the proper safety protection your begging for a closed casket funeral and ive herd the same story around the dfw area and every one of them got there drive shafts to go kaboom after a few more attempts i rather just be safe they sorry when it comes to a piece of metal exploding and having to do more costly repairs:shiny:

J

·
0 Posts
Please by all means go spend 4 figures to get your speed limiter raised.
Glad to see you still haven't learned to search.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jorbit what the hell is your problem I'm just posting to figure things out I was just wondering if its possible so chill out

J

·
0 Posts
You got your answer already strictly because there are some kind individuals here. If I was a mod I would have told you to search for this well-documented issue and locked the thread.
Sadly AFM is real short in the mod department so we're having to put up with redundant threads like this.

Dude. Search.

·
Registered
714 Posts
they limit it at 116 because

1.) The V6 doesn't have tires rated for speeds much over
2.) The stock drive shaft snaps in half at around 130
3.) The v6 suspension isn't as good as the GT, BOSS, or shelby

Now to remove the limiter, it will only cost you around $400, the cost of a tuner, and some tunes. To do it safely you will atleast need to upgrade the drive shaft, so it doesn't jam up your ass, and yell "Surprise Butt sex"

and after you get the drive shaft, i highly suggest upgrading to Z rated tires and better suspension.
INDEED...THAT'S why the speed is limited.

The suspension is not so big of an issue as the driveshaft and tires.
Any tuner can remove the limit, but drive carefully and sensibly.

With the stock tires on my v6, the front end would start to feel like it was raising or floating at 90 and higher. That was 100% solved with z-rated tires.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have Michelin z rated and the aluminum driveshaft but I was just wondering and jorbit yet again I come here first because I enjoy input from others in the community

·
Registered
6 Posts
You got your answer already strictly because there are some kind individuals here. If I was a mod I would have told you to search for this well-documented issue and locked the thread.
Sadly AFM is real short in the mod department so we're having to put up with redundant threads like this.

Dude. Search.
I did a search and it brought me here - I was pleasantly surprised enough by community input that I decided to register.

Your posts need to be re-thought out before you turn new member to the community off...

Way to be uncool.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Skingtech welcome and yeah some people are just like that I've been putting up with his bs for a while now. But yeah any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
J Orbit means well, he's just gotten tired of answering the same question for 2+ years now.

These questions aren't new and have been answered a million times (literally).

But, glad you got your answer anyway. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the funny thing is JOrbit and I joined around the same time and I just got back into the forums but yeah I'm just looking for help because I trust everyone here

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah I come of harsh but I mean well and I've helped a lot of people over the years in various forums but after a while, the redundant threads become like spam, and I hate spam. I know it seems easier to post a new thread asking a question but I assure you it's far easier and more productive to search not to mention much more empowering.
It's frustrating to the rest of us who have to weed through 18 threads about TB spacers or mods and warranty concerns to find any new info. It gets real old. Not only that but by adding new threads with the same keywords it screws up the ability of others to search for good info since the last thread comes up first, and if it's one like this it doesn't contain any useful info.

Look if you just want to shoot the crap, there's a sub-forum here for that. If you're serious about learning you need to spend some time reading what has already been written and take into consideration that this forum is not just for you, there are others here who your actions affect. Please, search.

I'm out.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Yeah I come of harsh but I mean well and I've helped a lot of people over the years in various forums but after a while, the redundant threads become like spam, and I hate spam. I know it seems easier to post a new thread asking a question but I assure you it's far easier and more productive to search not to mention much more empowering.
It's frustrating to the rest of us who have to weed through 18 threads about TB spacers or mods and warranty concerns to find any new info. It gets real old. Not only that but by adding new threads with the same keywords it screws up the ability of others to search for good info since the last thread comes up first, and if it's one like this it doesn't contain any useful info.

Look if you just want to shoot the crap, there's a sub-forum here for that. If you're serious about learning you need to spend some time reading what has already been written and take into consideration that this forum is not just for you, there are others here who your actions affect. Please, search.

I'm out.
There really is no section to shoot the crap with strictly 2011+ v6 owners... This is really the only forum I check anymore because it is so active.... The existing v6 talk forum seems to be pretty much geared towards the other v6 models. I think that is why there are so many posts in here not just related to v6 tech...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts