Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do you do it? I got a headunit, and it's not the best thing in the world but it's a vital part to my project... I was wondering how the hell you get the stock one out? Do I have to take out the entire console...? I was told that most headunits come with some sort of tool to remove the stocker or something? What would this tool look like... because I didn't see any tools that came with mine...

Any help is appreciated

For those that missed the title... it's for a SN95 Mustang Vert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
I am pretty sure you can buy them from a Snap-on dealer, but not 100% sure.

I have used four split pins the same diameter as the holes, slide them in until they snap/stop and pull the radio out.
Works fine, and alot cheaper than the tool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jarrett said:
I am pretty sure you can buy them from a Snap-on dealer, but not 100% sure.

I have used four split pins the same diameter as the holes, slide them in until they snap/stop and pull the radio out.
Works fine, and alot cheaper than the tool.
Thanks, appreciate the help :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ACK! The tools didn't work... I bought them at best buy and the next day I returned it...
I am getting the feeling that this isn't a stock system... dealership told me it was all factory, but if that was the truth then I would have it out now...

this is the HU I have:

Kenwood KDC-215S

this is what it looks like:
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8576/kenwoodksc215s5gi.jpg

Now, I really don't care if it's stock or not, though I'd be interested to find out... it certainly sounds good enough to not be a custom job, but the more important question is how the HELL do I get it out of my car?

is this what I need?
http://www.progressiveice.com/product.php/4537/419//2e5f82c22c083e3e658a8ffc9473a763
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ScHpAnKy said:
ACK! The tools didn't work... I bought them at best buy and the next day I returned it...
I am getting the feeling that this isn't a stock system... dealership told me it was all factory, but if that was the truth then I would have it out now...

this is the HU I have:

Kenwood KDC-215S

this is what it looks like:
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8576/kenwoodksc215s5gi.jpg

Now, I really don't care if it's stock or not, though I'd be interested to find out... it certainly sounds good enough to not be a custom job, but the more important question is how the HELL do I get it out of my car?

is this what I need?
http://www.progressiveice.com/product.php/4537/419//2e5f82c22c083e3e658a8ffc9473a763
Nobody? At all? Come onnn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
ScHpAnKy said:
ACK! The tools didn't work... I bought them at best buy and the next day I returned it...
I am getting the feeling that this isn't a stock system... dealership told me it was all factory, but if that was the truth then I would have it out now...

this is the HU I have:

Kenwood KDC-215S

this is what it looks like:
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8576/kenwoodksc215s5gi.jpg

Now, I really don't care if it's stock or not, though I'd be interested to find out... it certainly sounds good enough to not be a custom job, but the more important question is how the HELL do I get it out of my car?

is this what I need?
http://www.progressiveice.com/product.php/4537/419//2e5f82c22c083e3e658a8ffc9473a763
That looks like the right tool, but cannott say for sure. I thought you were removing a factory unit .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
My car had an aftermarket unut in it and I couldnt get it out. Turns out I had to pull the little change tray out from under the radio and reach in behind it and push it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
runedawg said:
My car had an aftermarket unut in it and I couldnt get it out. Turns out I had to pull the little change tray out from under the radio and reach in behind it and push it out.
how did you get the change tray out?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top