Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figure out exactly what model of intake the PO put on the motor when he built it, the only markings on the intake are Edelbrock on one of the runners no "performer" or part numbers that i seen, its a dual plane intake. could it be pre-performer name or how can i figure out what it is??

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Probably the standard Preformer intake, numbers are cast on the bottom side. Do the runners look like this? This the Preformer. Could go to the Edlebrok site and compare pictures.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah :bigthumbsup i just wasnt sure if there was another non performer one that was similar to that one or not wasnt gonna pull the intake off to look for numbers :kooky:

so its probly a precursor to the performer, wonder if i should get something better??

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
yeah :bigthumbsup i just wasnt sure if there was another non performer one that was similar to that one or not wasnt gonna pull the intake off to look for numbers :kooky:

so its probly a precursor to the performer, wonder if i should get something better??
That is the Preformer, not the "Plus" version. Upgrade depends on your usage. They are basiclly real close to the stock Ford intake but in Alum. I've got one on my '66'. Just a DD Summer time cruser.
Dave

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
street/strip cruising around kinda car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts