Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1966 Coupe with a 200 ci. I took the carb. off yesterday and want to identify which model i have. Will there be some identifying marks that help me to know which one I have?

Also, there was a vacuum line that came from the exhaust manifold that was rusted through and snapped off when I was disconnecting it. How much will that affect the way the car runs? Any suggestions on how to fix that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unless the carb was replaced with an aftermarket carb it will be the infamous Autolite 1100...The tube that comes up from the exhaust manifold is not a vacuum line, it is the choke tube it is there to control cold idle and the choke mechanism. Depending on where you are driving and climate it will not make a huge difference on how your car runs.

You can get a replacement at most Mustang supply retailers: here is a link to Pony Carbs 65 66 67 68 69 70 mustang carburetor choke tube

You may have difficulty geting the end that threads into the exhaust manifold out, heat and an easy out are your friends here.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Replacement carb for the 1100 was the Holley 1940. It's most likely you have one of the two. An internet search will easily provide pictures of the two, and they look very different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.