Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows how to install aftermarket stereo in premium sound system mustang 1991. (6 speakers setup) Can i bypass the amp all together because the harness they have me at bestbuy fits in the harness but NO SOUND. there is a amp right behind the radio that I think i have to bypass or somehting. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
which harness did they give you? you need to connect the blue/white wire on the power harness to get power to the amp, otherwise there will be no sound, even if the speaker harness is wired properly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they just gave me the standard ford 2 plug harness....i hooked up the remote wire (blue and white wire). Thinking the same thing as you, but still no sound. I know i have to do something to that amp. anyone?? going to try to fix in the morning

·
Registered
160 Posts
you need the premium sound harness. did all the colors of the wires match up? the standard ford harness won't work, it is a different configuration than the premium sound system. basically, one harness (power) should be a long rectangle, and the other (speakers) should be a square.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ford Wire Harness Amplifier Integration

Here is what Crutchfield is giving me to setup and use the MACH amps. I'm not sure if you got yours going or not but if not this might help. BTW the first harness they sent me was the wrong one ( Ford Wire Harness receiver, 19 receiver, 1986-up, rectangular plug ) No power and the speaker harness wont connect to anything in the dash lol.

( WRONG ONE FOR ME :headscratch: )

Receiver Wire Harness For select 1986-up Ford, Jaguar, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, and Nissan models with rectangular plugs at Crutchfield.com

Here is the link to the other harnes.
Ford Receiver Wiring Harness For select 1989-2000 Fords with factory amplifiers at Crutchfield.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.