Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my GT with 5000 miles on it. Is there a way to determine if I'm running the OEM tune or a custom one?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
as far as I know all tunes eliminate skip shift, do you have the skip shift feature still? your local dealership can verify as well

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as I know all tunes eliminate skip shift, do you have the skip shift feature still? your local dealership can verify as well
I still occasionally see 1--> 4 Shift on the message center, so I guess it's still the stock tune.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I still occasionally see 1--> 4 Shift on the message center, so I guess it's still the stock tune.
If you are seeing the message and the shifter is not going from 1 to 4 then most likely it has been tuned.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are seeing the message and the shifter is not going from 1 to 4 then most likely it has been tuned.
Well I'm still getting used to this shifter. The gate & throws are very different from the car I had before this, so I wasn't sure if it was me occasionally missing 2nd and hitting 4th or it was the skip shift. Is skip shift active under a certain rpm/mph?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not all tunes eliminate it anyway, so thats not a sure fire way.

Best option is to go to the dealer, some will reflash it to stock free of charge.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not all tunes eliminate it anyway, so thats not a sure fire way.

Best option is to go to the dealer, some will reflash it to stock free of charge.
I really doubt the car has an aftermarket tune, but just wanted to know for sure. It's completely bone-stock.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
first of all, if the skip shift is turned off you will not see the notification, and lol it doesnt actually push the shifter into 4th gear, there is resistance basically encouraging you shift to 4th

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts