Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've raced a little in my day but at the track I never could figure out the best way to launch and I'm going this sunday to race a guy that has talked a whole lot of crap so I gotta beat him...any suggestions??? Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Do not spin the tires and make good shifts you`ll be fine.You got a lot of torque on your side.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but what rpm's should I launch at? and I always spin....I can't figure out how to hook.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yea ive got the same problem.

i have a 2004 cobra, so its hard for me to launch bcuz the supercharger has to wind up a bit before all the boost kicks in. my buddy who has a 01 GT with bolt-ons beat me off the line once. all i can rely on is my top end speed to catch up. most of my races have been from a roll. if any of you terminator cobras have a certain way of lauching let me know!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Try riding the clutch just enough to get the car to hook. If you are going to go to track alot, you might want to upgrade your clutch. If you know someone with slicks or drag radials see if you can use them. Of course I say this and I can't get my car to hook very good either.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Take the rpms up to 2 to 25 gs ride the clutch so u don;t spin. go in the burn out box to heat ur tires so they hook up good

·
Registered
44 Posts
With out slicks or a high perf clutch all I can say is good luck. Take it easy and feel it out with some few practice runs if you can before you race anyone. IMHO its best to feel it for yourself. You don't want to be slipping your tires excessively.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.