Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my car but I have been told that the control arms need to come off to get the factory springs out.Is there a special spring compressor or do I have to unbolt the control arms and lower them down with a jack until spring is loose?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I did my front springs with the control arms still attached to the crossmember. I thought about doing it the way they did in that link, but figured I would have a hell of a time trying to get the bolt holes lined back up. Also having the control arm slip off the jack seemed more likely to happen that way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like I would end up beating my car up if things went wrong.LOL!!Thanks

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
I've done it that way and it works fine. But any way you choose, good luck with it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just put mine in a week ago with them attached i cant imagine doing it with them off butt its tricky i used a fence post under the spring and jack the arm up then used the post to lift it over the hump then jacked it up in and put the shock on its a pain in the royal ass the first front spring you try ha ha ha then the other side is cake once you figure out the tricks the rear are easy as cake just lower the control arm and set it in

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.I think I'm gonna give it a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.