Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem:
I bought a trick flow box-R series intake (yes the george forman looking one). By my measurements which I have triple and quadruple checked - Im going to hit the hood at the front of the intake -- even with my 1.5 inch cervini cowl hood.
Does anyone know of any companies that make motor mounts that will let my engine sit lower in the "saddle" to prevent this from happening?
Is there a K-memeber I can buy to lower the engine?
What are my options beyond these possibilities?
Also - I would like to avoid milling anything down (namely the adapter at the bottom of the intake).

Before I actually perform the install I want to make sure I have a backup plan and can install some other parts to help me out.

-Kenny

·
Registered
73 Posts
I understand that the convertible motor mounts will allow the engine to sit lower in the car. I am not sure how much distance you will gain.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard that too but wasnt sure if it was true or not.
I know someone who has a set so I'll borrow them tonight, measure everything out and then I'll know for sure. My only problem is I dont have my stock engine mounts to use for reference. I purchased some replacement polyurethane ones from Energy Suspension so I'll have to compare them to those. Now I just have to find out if they are lower than stock.

·
Registered
165 Posts
the poly mounts are almost a replica of the vert mounts except they are made of poly.

there's some mustang shop that i've seen that sells mounts that let the motor sit lower but i think they're solid.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, you guys were right - I measured them last night and the vert mounts were exactly the same dimensions as the poly ones. Now I just need to find a stock set to compare it to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have to use that adapter? Is it for v/c clearance. I did'nt use any spacer/adapter. No v/c clearance problems, factory hood, fresh stock mmounts. I had to add 1/4 inch steel sims to hinge/hood conn. Sacrificed a little seam flushness at cowl area. I'll check back to see your fix.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the adapter is required to bolt the upper to the lower. Because you cant bolt through the top of the new upper OR from the inside of the upper because of the opening of the ports. I can only assume they thought it would be easier to fab an adapter than a whole new lower. Thats how they are able to use the standard R lower.

The only thing I could see possible would be to mill down the adapter and shorten the fasteners.

I am also using v/c's that are only 3 3/4 inches tall and they clear fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.